UPgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 and Zimbra 8.7.10

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
cyrofilho

UPgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 and Zimbra 8.7.10

Post by cyrofilho »

Hello all,

I just upgraded my Zimbra server from ubuntu 14.04 to ubuntu 16.04. After that I am trying to run the ./install.sh script to reconfigure zimbra, but I am having an error regarding the hash value of the zimbra 8.7 repository. The "./install.sh --force-upgrade --skip-activation-check --skip-upgrade-check" command says that apt has a problem. When I run apt-get update manually, I can see that the zimbra repository states that it has a wrong hash value and it does not update the file list.

Err:3 https://repo.zimbra.com/apt/87 xenial/zimbra amd64 Packages
Hash Sum incorreto
Err:6 https://repo.zimbra.com/apt/87 xenial/zimbra Sources
Hash Sum mismatch

I tryed to delete and reimport the zimbra apt-key with no success. I also tryed to do an apt-get clean, rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* and rm -rf /var/cache/apt/archives/*

What else can I do now?. My server is down because of this. I am using the opensource version 8.7.10. If anyone can help me I appreciate.

Thank you for any help.

Cyro
Last edited by cyrofilho on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Re: UPgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 and Zimbra 8.7.10

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hello,
It's the first time I'm seeing this error, I've aksed internally in case that anyone can provide some guidance.

Thank you
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

My colleague John is suggesting you to do:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
cyrofilho

Post by cyrofilho »

I did that already. But if I try apt-get update, it complains about the zimbra repository hash sum mismatch. apt-get upgrade works well and says there is no package to upgrade.

Do not know what to do anymore. I think I will try to install a new server with Ubuntu 16.04 and copy the /opt/zimbra directory into it and try the ./install.sh script.

Thank you very much.

All the best,

Cyro
cyrofilho

Post by cyrofilho »

I just installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) and the error persists. When I try to run ./install.sh I get this error:

Configuring package repository
ERROR: Unable to install packages via apt-get
Please fix system to allow normal package installation before proceeding

The contents of the /tmp/install.log.mGwgUVU0

root@mail:/opt# cat /tmp/install.log.mGwgUVU0
Lendo listas de pacotes...
Construindo árvore de dependências...
Lendo informação de estado...
apt-transport-https is already the newest version (1.2.20).
0 pacotes atualizados, 0 pacotes novos instalados, 0 a serem removidos e 0 não atualizados.
Obter:1 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease [102 kB]
Atingido:2 http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease
Atingido:3 http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease
Atingido:4 http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease
Obter:5 https://repo.zimbra.com/apt/87 xenial InRelease [2.506 B]
Obter:6 https://repo.zimbra.com/apt/87 xenial/zimbra Sources [62,6 kB]
Err:6 https://repo.zimbra.com/apt/87 xenial/zimbra Sources
Hash Sum incorreto
Obter:7 https://repo.zimbra.com/apt/87 xenial/zimbra amd64 Packages [64,6 kB]
Err:7 https://repo.zimbra.com/apt/87 xenial/zimbra amd64 Packages

Baixados 231 kB em 0s (248 kB/s)
Lendo listas de pacotes...
E: Falhou ao buscar https://repo.zimbra.com/apt/87/dists/xe ... Sources.gz Hash Sum incorreto
E: Falhou ao buscar https://repo.zimbra.com/apt/87/dists/xe ... ackages.gz
E: Falhou o download de alguns ficheiros de índice. Foram ignorados ou os antigos foram usados em seu lugar.
root@mail:/opt#

The output is in portuguese, but it says that there is a hash sum mismatch and that it is not possible to download the files Sources.gz and Packages.gz from the zimbra repository because of the hash.

Don't know what to do know. Any advice? Can I manually download the zimbra packages?

Thank you for your time.

Best,

Cyro
cyrofilho

Post by cyrofilho »

Hello all,

Ok. I managed to bypass by doing an apt-get update and an apt-get install -d on another machine with ubuntu 16.04 and on another network and copy the files to my server.

Now I am having some ldap issues that I do not know how to solve, please any help?

Installing local packages (8):
zimbra-core
zimbra-ldap
zimbra-logger
zimbra-mta
zimbra-snmp
zimbra-store
zimbra-apache
zimbra-spell
...done

Running Post Installation Configuration:
Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.20170721-024200.log
Adding /opt/zimbra/conf/ca/ca.pem to cacerts
[] INFO: master is down, falling back to replica...
[] FATAL: failed to initialize LDAP client
com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapException: LDAP error: : An error occurred while attempting to connect to server 127.0.0.1:389: java.io.IOException: An error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to server 127.0.0.1:389: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
ExceptionId:main:1500615723565:89ef2eab178f4655
Code:ldap.LDAP_ERROR
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapException.LDAP_ERROR(LdapException.java:90)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapException.mapToLdapException(UBIDLdapException.java:74)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapException.mapToLdapException(UBIDLdapException.java:40)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:117)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnectionPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:63)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapContext.init(UBIDLdapContext.java:111)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapClient.init(UBIDLdapClient.java:39)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapClient.getInstanceIfLDAPavailable(LdapClient.java:62)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapClient.getInstance(LdapClient.java:69)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapClient.initialize(LdapClient.java:94)
at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProv.<init>(LdapProv.java:47)
at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.<init>(LdapProvisioning.java:279)
at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.<init>(LdapProvisioning.java:276)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
at com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.getInstance(Provisioning.java:287)
at com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.getInstance(Provisioning.java:244)
at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.initProvisioning(ProvUtil.java:1004)
at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main(ProvUtil.java:3955)
Caused by: LDAPException(resultCode=91 (connect error), errorMessage='An error occurred while attempting to connect to server 127.0.0.1:389: java.io.IOException: An error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to server 127.0.0.1:389: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused')
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnection.connect(LDAPConnection.java:754)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnection.connect(LDAPConnection.java:686)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnection.<init>(LDAPConnection.java:518)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.SingleServerSet.getConnection(SingleServerSet.java:229)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.ServerSet.getConnection(ServerSet.java:98)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.FailoverServerSet.getConnection(FailoverServerSet.java:545)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.createConnection(LDAPConnectionPool.java:938)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.<init>(LDAPConnectionPool.java:876)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.<init>(LDAPConnectionPool.java:779)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.<init>(LDAPConnectionPool.java:726)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:114)
... 18 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: An error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to server 127.0.0.1:389: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionInternals.<init>(LDAPConnectionInternals.java:137)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnection.connect(LDAPConnection.java:744)
... 28 more
com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapException: LDAP error: : An error occurred while attempting to connect to server 127.0.0.1:389: java.io.IOException: An error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to server 127.0.0.1:389: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
ExceptionId:main:1500615724676:9e793950bb310b2d
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapException.mapToLdapException(UBIDLdapException.java:74)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapException.mapToLdapException(UBIDLdapException.java:40)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:117)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnectionPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:63)
at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.<init>(LdapProvisioning.java:279)
at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.<init>(LdapProvisioning.java:276)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
Caused by: LDAPException(resultCode=91 (connect error), errorMessage='An error occurred while attempting to connect to server 127.0.0.1:389: java.io.IOException: An error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to server 127.0.0.1:389: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused')
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.SingleServerSet.getConnection(SingleServerSet.java:229)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.FailoverServerSet.getConnection(FailoverServerSet.java:545)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.createConnection(LDAPConnectionPool.java:938)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.<init>(LDAPConnectionPool.java:876)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.<init>(LDAPConnectionPool.java:779)
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.<init>(LDAPConnectionPool.java:726)
at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:114)
... 18 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: An error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to server 127.0.0.1:389: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionInternals.<init>(LDAPConnectionInternals.java:137)
... 28 more
Setting defaults...[] INFO: master is down, falling back to replica...
ExceptionId:main:1500615726737:61670ff10c6e6997
... 18 more
... 28 more
done.
Setting defaults from existing config...done.
Checking for port conflicts
Checking ldap status....not running.
Starting ldap...failed with exit code: 256.
Setting defaults from ldap...done.
ExceptionId:main:1500615760616:9286b9f2d3cebd1b
... 18 more
... 28 more
ExceptionId:main:1500615763253:d2dd62d95a7c5726
... 18 more
... 28 more

Main menu

1) Common Configuration:
+Hostname: localhost
+Ldap master host: localhost
+Ldap port: 389
******* +Ldap Admin password: Not Verified
+Store ephemeral attributes outside Ldap: no
+Secure interprocess communications: yes
******* +TimeZone: UNSET
+IP Mode: ipv4
+Default SSL digest: sha256

2) zimbra-ldap: Enabled
+Create Domain: no
+Ldap root password: set
+Ldap replication password: set
******* +Ldap postfix password: Not Verified
******* +Ldap amavis password: Not Verified
+Ldap nginx password: set
******* +Ldap Bes Searcher password: Not Verified

3) zimbra-logger: Enabled
4) zimbra-mta: Enabled
+Enable Spamassassin: no
+Enable Clam AV: no
+Enable OpenDKIM: no
******* +Bind password for postfix ldap user: Not Verified
******* +Bind password for amavis ldap user: Not Verified

5) zimbra-snmp: Enabled
6) zimbra-store: Enabled
+Create Admin User: no
+Anti-virus quarantine user: virus-quarantine.hpqq_zbtjh@mail.lucsimhoteis.com.br
+Enable automated spam training: yes
+Spam training user: spam.v9xvewsf@mail.lucsimhoteis.com.br
+Non-spam(Ham) training user: ham.cm4103gknc@mail.lucsimhoteis.com.br
+SMTP host: localhost
+Web server HTTP port: 80
+Web server HTTPS port: 443
+Web server mode: https
+IMAP server port: 143
+IMAP server SSL port: 993
+POP server port: 110
+POP server SSL port: 995
+Use spell check server: yes
+Spell server URL: http://localhost:7780/aspell.php
******* +Enable version update checks: UNSET
+Install mailstore (service webapp): yes
+Install UI (zimbra,zimbraAdmin webapps): yes

7) zimbra-spell: Enabled
8) Default Class of Service Configuration:
******* +Enable Tasks Feature: UNSET

s) Save config to file
x) Expand menu
q) Quit

Address unconfigured (**) items or correct ldap configuration (? - help)
cyrofilho

Post by cyrofilho »

I don't know why, but during the installation, the file /opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml is over writen to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<localconfig>
<key name="zimbra_java_home">
<value>/opt/zimbra/common/lib/jvm/java</value>
</key>
</localconfig>

Even if I set zmlocalconfig -e ldap_url=my.server.com, this information is over writen during the installation.

Also on the logs I see that the ldap server does not start because:

Beginning Installation - see /tmp/install.log.2u538BBf for details...

There I can see:

Fri Jul 21 04:04:28 2017 zimbra_server_hostname not in ldap_url not starting slapd

and

*** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/ldap status
ldap_url and ldap_master_url cannot be the same on an ldap replica
Fri Jul 21 04:04:43 2017 not running.
Fri Jul 21 04:04:43 2017 Checking ldap status....
Fri Jul 21 04:04:43 2017 *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/ldap status
ldap_url and ldap_master_url cannot be the same on an ldap replica
Fri Jul 21 04:04:43 2017 not running.

If I check with zmlocalconfig | grep ldap_

I can see that both ldap_url and ldap_master_url are blank, maybe because of the content of the file /opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml.

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this issue?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thank you.

Cyro
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

when facing this kind of problem : DO NOT LAUNCH AGAIN THE INSTALLER
You can recover it from the hidden folder /opt/zimbra/.savecongig