Understanding Activesync support in NE with NG

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
msutherland

Understanding Activesync support in NE with NG

Post by msutherland »

Hi, I'm just testing the latest ZCS NE prior to migration from 8.6.0 and having an issue with understanding whether NG mobilesync is actually configured correctly. So, I have switched on NG mobile (not MDM though), then turned it on in the COS (not MDM) which all users use and still under the configuration NG mobile it says COS enabled 1 and Accounts enabled 0. Only if I give mobilesync rights outside of a COS will it show. Is that the correct intention does anyone know?

In there any option in 8.8.6 to use the original mobilesync, or has that gone now?

Thank you very much for any help that you can give.

Regards,

Martin
FredKarno

Re: Understanding Activesync support in NE with NG

Post by FredKarno »

I'm having a similar problem (can't enable NG version of mobile) but the old mobile module is still working fine in 8.8.6
msutherland

Post by msutherland »

Hi, I just wanted to add that I have done a clean install of 8.8.6 on a fresh CentOS and selected to install NG modules. Assuming testing goes well, I am not intending to do an in-place upgrade from 8.6.0 but use Zextras backup on existing mail server and restore to 8.8.6.

It is not clear whether certain legacy modules are now available or not under this install scenario. I can not see the legacy mobile or backup - are these not installed if NG modules are chosen at install time?

Still very unclear whether NG mobile is active for all users that have a COS which does have NG mobile selected despite the fact that it says that Accounts Enabled 0? I can't actually test the mobile prior to actual migration due to certificate issues etc

Any info on how the NG modules work with legacy modules and how to switch between them would be most appreciated
JDunphy
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0_P39 NETWORK Edition

Post by JDunphy »

Take a listen at this... https://mail.zetalliance.org/home/info@ ... -%2317.mp3 Seek to around the 25min mark. There is a discussion about potential problems for user profiles with the zextra migration method to a clean install of 8.8+. I don't know if this relates to you but this is on my TODO list to understand before we make our migration to 8.8+. It doesn't seem to apply to the rsync method from my understanding. The issue is users having to having to re-create the mobile profile... or perhaps just re-save them.

Note: at around 21min they discuss some filter techniques to leave smaller subsets of phones at older protocols, etc. I am not sure I understand this completely myself.