Zextras Core Missing

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
rotorboy
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zextras Core Missing

Post by rotorboy »

Greetings,

I've upgraded Zimbra NE from 8.7.11 to 8.8.7 and since then when I log into my Zimbra admin I am getting a notice that Zextras Core missing. I've never seen this - was there a step in the upgrade that I missed or is there another issue?

Thanks!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Zextras Core Missing

Post by phoenix »

Is this the Zimbra ZeXtras NG version? Which release of ZeXtras do you have installed?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
gslongo

Post by gslongo »

Hi,

Same thing happened here. Upgrading from 8.6 to 8.8.7 NE

Did you found anything ?

Thanks !
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

How about giving the answer to the previous questions that I've asked?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
rotorboy
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by rotorboy »

To be honest I'm not sure how to find out. I have not purchased or installed zextras separate from zcs-NETWORK-8.8.7_GA_1964 so whatever it's talking about has been introduced with the installation of zcs-NETWORK-8.8.7_GA_1964.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

rotorboy wrote:To be honest I'm not sure how to find out. I have not purchased or installed zextras separate from zcs-NETWORK-8.8.7_GA_1964 so whatever it's talking about has been introduced with the installation of zcs-NETWORK-8.8.7_GA_1964.
OK, I was assuming it was a separate install. Is there any obvious way to reinstall it or check the ZCS repo for the relevant packages? Failing that my only other suggestion is to contact support and see what they say, if you wait for them to reply here you might have a long wait.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
MolallaComm

Post by MolallaComm »

I see this with fresh installs of 8.8.6 and 8.8.7 network edition as well. To understand it, I think you also have to understand that the new "Network Modules NG" you get in Network Edition is essentially zextras suite - and they haven't fully finished the integration/renaming it looks like - nor have they IMHO done a very good job of educating people on the whole Network Modules NG/zextras thing given that is the default in the installer now - although there are some pretty good resources if you google for "zimbra Network Modules NG".

That said, if you initialize the backups under Network Modules NG the problem will go away shortly thereafter. Be careful doing this if you have existing old style backups you care about - I'm not sure what if anything switching to the new style backups does to the old style ones. Once you have kicked off the backup initialization, keep clicking around between menu items and the error will go away before long. It will however come back briefly every time you login to the admin interface. It seems like something with zextras (aka Network Modules NG) in network edition takes a while to initialize every time the web gui starts.

As a general comment, it doesn't seem like much QA is being done by Zimbra these days on the basics. You can duplicate this behavior easily by just doing a basic fresh install of latest greatest Network Edition and choosing the defaults for everything.

P.S. I edited this post from its original for clarity.