Ubuntu + zcs8.8.12 dns gets whacked by install

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
rtkluttz

Ubuntu + zcs8.8.12 dns gets whacked by install

Post by rtkluttz »

I'm trying to do a fresh install of zcs 8.8.12 on Ubuntu 18.04. Before I start the installation, I am getting my dns working and tested which involves killing systemd-resolved and unlinking resolv.conf so I can delete it and put a regular resolv.conf in place. After doing this DNS tests correctly.

Then I start the installation of zcs and everything goes smooth until just before the LDAP installation starts. The zcs install is partially putting back in place the systemd-resolved system and killing DNS which causes the LDAP install to go flaky. Sometimes I can put the real resolv.conf back in place in time before it borks. But in general this doesn't give me confidence that something else isn't getting borked.

Also, I thought it may have possibly been the zimbra dnscache install that was causing this issue. It is not. If I choose to install without dnscache it still puts back in the linked version of resolv.conf and partially kills my DNS.

resolv.conf (correct, before install)

Code: Select all

nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 10.1.1.7
resolv.conf (after zcs installation, put back to stock)

Code: Select all

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
# 127.0.0.53 is the systemd-resolved stub resolver.
# run "systemd-resolve --status" to see details about the actual nameservers.

nameserver 127.0.0.1
rtkluttz

Re: Ubuntu + zcs8.8.12 dns gets whacked by install

Post by rtkluttz »

Gave up and just moved DNS to separate machine, which ended up fixing DNS but not fixing the issue that lead me down this path. Starting a new thread for the issue.
axslingr
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 UBUNTU18

Re: Ubuntu + zcs8.8.12 dns gets whacked by install

Post by axslingr »

Seems to me like you just need to put that nameserver in your netplan config(or /etc/network/interfaces) and use the stock systemd-resolve. Also note that Ubuntu 18.04 is still in beta.

Lance