Upgrading from 8.8.8 to 8.8.12 open source

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
paykocaydin

Upgrading from 8.8.8 to 8.8.12 open source

Post by paykocaydin »

Hi,

I am relatively new to Zimbra, maintaining a small setup with ~50 users, everthing in one box. The current version is 8.8.8. GA and the OS is Centos 7.
I will do an upgrade to 8.8.12, i have searched and i think i i have understood how to perform the upgrade. I will follow the information is this link
https://zimbra.github.io/installguides/ ... grade.html

As far as i understood Zimbra is keeping the configuration data in ldap, so they will be preserved during the upgrade.
On the other hand i have made a lot of changes with postconf like connection_count_limit, connection_rate_limit etc.

Will these changes also be preserved during the upgrade or are there extra steps that i have to take to preserve them.

Regards,

Aydin
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Upgrading from 8.8.8 to 8.8.12 open source

Post by gabrieles »

Basically everything outside LDAP configurations will be wiped.
It's a way to "clear" an installation, if you do something wrong you can ./install.sh the same version over and everything will be facroty restored (except the ldap confs).
You must keep track of skins, logos, postconf modifications made outside the serverConfig attributes, etc.. because you can lose them.
Save them outside /opt/zimbra and reapply after configuration.
paykocaydin

Re: Upgrading from 8.8.8 to 8.8.12 open source

Post by paykocaydin »

Thank you Gabrieles.

Aydin