Issue after upgrading to 8.8.15

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
benoit.georgelin

Re: Issue after upgrading to 8.8.15

Post by benoit.georgelin »

Just a quick update here.

We updated the pooling interval at the COS level.
"It worked", the server still crashs but of course, the timing between two crashs is large enough to be acceptable to wait a bugFix.

We also automated the restart of the mailbox in case of crash detected (simple bash script) , witch allows us to run our production without impacting our customers..

Sadly, this shows a lot how Zimbra consider its products nowadays..

Regards,
Benoît.
ghen
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0

Post by ghen »

L. Mark Stone wrote:We and one of our customers had this issue. In our cases, the symptoms were that web client sessions generated a "Server Error 500" for the users, but that IMAP and other non web-ui access methods continued to function.

Zimbra Support have identified the root cause and given us a bug number.
Hi Mark

We are facing the same issue in a large deployment, but Zimbra support did not confirm a known bug yet. Did you get any more news from Zimbra support on this?
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

ghen wrote:
L. Mark Stone wrote:We and one of our customers had this issue. In our cases, the symptoms were that web client sessions generated a "Server Error 500" for the users, but that IMAP and other non web-ui access methods continued to function.

Zimbra Support have identified the root cause and given us a bug number.
Hi Mark

We are facing the same issue in a large deployment, but Zimbra support did not confirm a known bug yet. Did you get any more news from Zimbra support on this?
No news yet, but increasing the polling interval on all of the mailboxes resulted in the problem not recurring since.

And I will say that Support I don’t believe has a facility to get back to everyone impacted by a bug when the bug is updated/fixed. Jira is great for managing sprints, but lacks customer communications capabilities, so I want to be clear that I’m not throwing Support under the bus here for not getting back to me.

FYI We did this via bulk provisioning so was quick and straightforward to do.

Mark
ghen
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0

Post by ghen »

Thanks. Does this concern all external datasources, including pop3/imap, or only the HTTP based ones like CalDAV ?
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

ghen wrote:Thanks. Does this concern all external datasources, including pop3/imap, or only the HTTP based ones like CalDAV ?
Dunno. We just wanted it to stop, so we used bulk provisioning to increase the polling interval equally for all accounts.

As I understood it, the issue happens when too many polling happen simultaneously. Support never said anything about the differing data sources having an impact on this.

Mark