lost and confused - centos VM on windows server hyper v with domain

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
dfalconer84

lost and confused - centos VM on windows server hyper v with domain

Post by dfalconer84 »

im keen to learn how to set this up.
we are a small company and our current email hosting is limited and costly.
I've only helped manage existing exchange environments but alot of this is still new and some what confusing to me.

our domain was setup by some one else and uses company-server.local

id like to first test this with my personal domain "myowndomain.com" and attach the email accounts to the domain users - this is all for proof of concept and to learn before putting the idea forward for company email (which is just outlook and imap connection)

in joined Centos to domain, i have installed Zimbra following instructions online and I can log in to the administration page.

LDAP is my first part of confusion and how to set this up. do i configure it on the domain controller or is it some thing handled by the zimbra system?
I'm currently trying to run the setups from the admin page

i can install ldap on dc but im not sure what the Äpplication Directory partition"should be.
I'm not looking for easy answers as Íd really love to learn this and become self sufficient I'm just very confused at the moment - alot of what i have read appears to assume the reader knows more, should i read some thing else to start with??

any advice and assistance would be appreciated
thanks guys :)
dfalconer84

Re: lost and confused - centos VM on windows server hyper v with domain

Post by dfalconer84 »

maybe we could just start with the ldap part, am i configuring ldap on windows server to link with domain users or not?