Zimbra and Office 365

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
dbachour

Zimbra and Office 365

Post by dbachour »

Greetings,

According to Set up connectors to route mail between Office 365 and your own email servers, the on-premise mail server should be capable of sending and receiving Internet (external) email. I have already my mail server running locally and I am using DNSmasq. So, if I want to shift some mail boxes to the cloud using Office 365 and keep the remaining on-premise, is there anything should be changed for the local server? Because, once you shift to Office 365, the MX records shall be changed to point to Exchange online.

Regards,
dbachour

Re: Zimbra and Office 365

Post by dbachour »

Greetings,
Just to update the details. In /etc/dnsmasp.conf I have only the following configurations (Considering my domain is example.com and the host name is mail):
  • server=public_dns_1
    server=public_dns_2
    domain=example.com
From Zimbra administration console, I put in Configuration -> Servers -> example.com -> MTA:
  • Relay MTA for external delivery: example-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
    Relay MTA for external delivery (fallback): example-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
So, let's suppose i have user_1@example.com defined in Zimbra. user_1@example.com is able to send external emails and local ones, but not to the users defined in Office365. Also, the connector from Office365 to Zimbra is failing to be created - Which is preventing to send the users in Zimbra.
ganselmi

Re: Zimbra and Office 365

Post by ganselmi »

Hi dbachour,

Im today on the same spot, we have 365 and zimbra as connector, please would you be kind to share with me if you find the answer