Upgrading 8.6 (licensed) to latest 9.x

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
jeebsion

Upgrading 8.6 (licensed) to latest 9.x

Post by jeebsion »

Hi everyone,

My client has been using Zimbra version 8.6 last support purchased in 2015 and this year they've purchased the renewed and backlog license to upgrade to the latest version. They've purchased a new box for that purpose and would like to migrate the mail server to it.

I've been trying hard to find the best backup/restore methodology of which many of it are for the community version. Is there a seamless way of achieving this? What's the best practices around? Thanx in advance :-)
raghuramn89@gmail.com

Re: Upgrading 8.6 (licensed) to latest 9.x

Post by raghuramn89@gmail.com »

Hi,

Share output of "zmcontrol -v" from the existing setup so that I can share you the best method to achieve ZCS 9.
We need ZCS version and patch, OS version.
jeebsion

Post by jeebsion »

Hi,

I managed to upgrade to version 8.7.11 then to Ubuntu 16.04. Then I proceed to upgrade to version 8.8.12. The upgrade process went flawlessly. But when I try to access the web service HTTP and HTTPS, they're all unresponsive.

Then I tried executing zmprov to discover this:

zimbra@mail:/home/mailtemp$ zmprov ms `zmhostname` +zimbraServiceEnabled memcached
[] INFO: I/O exception (javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException) caught when processing request: Read timed out
[] INFO: Retrying request
ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Read timed out, server: localhost) (cause: javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException Read timed out)
zimbra@mail:/home/mailtemp$

All services are up btw. Telneting to ports HTTP and HTTPS seems to hang forever. Telneting to port 25 response normal meaning SMTP service up and running normally. Oh btw the following would is the zmcontrol -v result:

Release 8.7.11.GA.1854.UBUNTU14.64 UBUNTU16_64 NETWORK edition.

Can you please further advice?
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

jeebsion wrote:Hi,

I managed to upgrade to version 8.7.11 then to Ubuntu 16.04. Then I proceed to upgrade to version 8.8.12. The upgrade process went flawlessly. But when I try to access the web service HTTP and HTTPS, they're all unresponsive.

Then I tried executing zmprov to discover this:

zimbra@mail:/home/mailtemp$ zmprov ms `zmhostname` +zimbraServiceEnabled memcached
[] INFO: I/O exception (javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException) caught when processing request: Read timed out
[] INFO: Retrying request
ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Read timed out, server: localhost) (cause: javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException Read timed out)
zimbra@mail:/home/mailtemp$

All services are up btw. Telneting to ports HTTP and HTTPS seems to hang forever. Telneting to port 25 response normal meaning SMTP service up and running normally. Oh btw the following would is the zmcontrol -v result:

Release 8.7.11.GA.1854.UBUNTU14.64 UBUNTU16_64 NETWORK edition.

Can you please further advice?
try
ldap start
zmprov -l ms `zmhostname` +zimbraServiceEnabled memcached

When using zmprov it must be able to communicate to the http/s port. In this case it can't.
You can bypass it. But this could mean something else.