Zimbra 8.x.x installation failed.

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
mail2020

Zimbra 8.x.x installation failed.

Post by mail2020 »

Please help me last 2 days stuck here . I'm following few random source from internet.

Zimbra version 8.15.X

OS - Centos 8 ( corei7 & 8GB RAM )
DNS : cloudflare , A & MX record added
Firewall and SElinux temp off
hostname - mail
/etc/hosts file config
x.x.x.x mail.example.com mail

Design : External DNS server ( cloudflare ) and Public IP to Centos 8 where Zimbra server will be install.
*For testing purpose I'm using direct Public IP to my server if I got successful then I will use it behind a firewall.

-------------------------------------------------
Running Post Installation Configuration:

su: user zimbra does not exist

su: user zimbra does not exist

Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.20210717-114006.log

ERROR

/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml is not owned by zimbra

This will cause installation failure.

Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Zimbra 8.x.x installation failed.

Post by phoenix »

First I'd suggest you don't test a zimbra server on a Public IP address, put it behind a firewall from the moment you create it6! Second there is no such version as ZCS 8.15.x but I assume you mean ZCS 8.8.14? Third, if you're behind a firewall you need to install a local DNS server with correct DNS records and hosts file - read the wiki article on Split DNS and follow it's instructions to the letter. When you've done that, test your DNS records are correct and then install the Zimbra server on your LAN. As you've given no log information other than a coup[le of cryptic lines it's difficult to tell you what caused it. See how you get on with a 'propr' install of ZCS.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra