Zimbra 8.8.15 upgrade latest multiserver install

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
nirt
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra 8.8.15 upgrade latest multiserver install

Post by nirt »

Hi,

I have a multiserver (4 server, 2ldap/store and 2mtas/proxyweb) environment with zimbra 8.8.15P2 on centos and I'm planning to upgrade to latest zimbra 8.8.15 patch, I think that is 8.8.15 P24

Our environment has 2 stores, first with ldap master and second with slave ldap, and then 2 servers as mta and web proxy

After reading releases notes about patchs between P2 and P24 I have some questions:
1.- I'm not sure what is the corect way to apply patch update on a multiserver, I can't see any info on release notes, I remeber that on the past It was needed first ldap master, then ldap secondary, and then mtas, but now I don't know
2.- I understand that steps are stop zimbra services (4 servers) and then apply in the correct order (step 1) commands:
---
Installing Zimbra packages with system package upgrades

As root, first clear the yum cache and check for updates so the server sees there is a new zimbra-patch package in the patch repository:
yum clean metadata
yum check-update
Then ask yum to update available packages:
yum update
Restart ZCS as zimbra user:
su - zimbra
zmcontrol restart
---

3.- Any known issue on P24 or during upgrade to P24?

Any other required step?

thanks
rleiker
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Zimbra 8.8.15 upgrade latest multiserver install

Post by rleiker »

Hi nirt,

The Zimbra recommended upgrade order for your cluster configuration is:
  • LDAP leader
  • LDAP follower
  • MTAs
  • Proxies
  • Mail stores
For installing patches with a Zimbra cluster, you can safely do a rolling upgrade, where you do not need to stop the Zimbra services on all servers at once. But in this case, because you are making a large jump from Patch 2 to 24, it would be best to stop all of the Zimbra services on all servers before upgrading. The order of the Yum commands you have listed is correct. As always, ensure you have a recent backup of your Zimbra servers too before upgrading.
nirt
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Zimbra 8.8.15 upgrade latest multiserver install

Post by nirt »

solved, multiserver instlal patched with this order without problems
thanks!