Zimbra OSE 8.6 to 8.8.15 instructions - is this correct? (and any advice?)

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
betsys

Zimbra OSE 8.6 to 8.8.15 instructions - is this correct? (and any advice?)

Post by betsys »

Forgive me if this is a silly question, I'm somewhat new to this and getting a bit lost in the Zimbra docs.
I want to be sure we have the right upgrade instructions.

Downloads page led me to :
https://zimbra.github.io/installguides/ ... grade.html

which seems to be the installation/upgrade instructions for ZCS. Which If I understand things correctly is not the same thing (starting with - do we even HAVE a license, for the Open source version?)

thanks for any clues or suggestions (besides testing on a copy of our server, of course!)

running 8.6.0_GA_1153.RHEL6_64_20141215151155 RHEL6_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.6.0_P14.
on Centos 6 2.6.32-754.35.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Sat Nov 7 12:42:14 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Zimbra OSE 8.6 to 8.8.15 instructions - is this correct? (and any advice?)

Post by phoenix »

If you're using the OSS version of Zimbra I don't really understand why you're asking about the 'licence', the document to which you've posted a link tells you that a licence is required for the Network Edition of Zimbra. The installation notes for each release of Zimbra (NE & OSS versions) tell you how to install Zimbra, basically you just run the install script but do make sure to read the Release Notes to see what fixes etc. are in there that may affect your installation.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
betsys

Re: Zimbra OSE 8.6 to 8.8.15 instructions - is this correct? (and any advice?)

Post by betsys »

Sorry for being dense but I am seriously NOT finding those notes.
Please, where are the instructions for upgrading Zimbra Open Source from 8.6 to 8.8?

The Open Source download link:
https://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbra ... en-source/

redirects to a page that makes me agree to marketing information and then leads to this release notes link:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/8.8.15

which does not contain installation instructions nor a link to them.
It does contain a link to this admin guide:
https://zimbra.github.io/adminguide/8.8.15/index.html
Which is, as we both noted, for the commercial version.

The download for Centos 6, which is what we are currently running, is zcs-8.8.15_GA_3869.RHEL6_64.20190918004220.tgz
That tarball contains the readme.txt below and a docs folder containing this somewhat odd assortment of files, none of which contain any information about an 8.6 -> 8.8.15 migration:

admin.pdf Zimbra Collaboration Administrator Guide Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Open Source Edition December 2014
Fedora Server Config.pdf Installation Modifications for ZCS with Fedora™ (ZCS 7.0)
Import_Wizard_Outlook.pdf Zimbra Collaboration Server Import Wizard for Microsoft Outlook Administrator Guide ZCS 8.5 August 2014
Migration_Exch_Admin.pdf "Migrating to Zimbra Collaboration Server ZCS 8.7" [from Exchange]
MigrationWizard.pdf "Zimbra Collaboration Server Migration Wizard for Microsoft Exchange ZCS 8.5" 8/2014
MigrationWizard_Domino.pdf "Zimbra Collaboration Server Migration Wizard for IBM Lotus Domino ZCS 8.7 April 2016"
OSmultiserverinstall.pdf "Zimbra Collaboration Multi-Server Installation Guide Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Open Source Edition December 2014"
quick_start.pdf "Zimbra Collaboration Single Server Installation Guide Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Open Source Edition December 2014"
RNZCSO_2005Beta.pdf "August 26, 2005 Release Notes Zimbra™ Collaboration Suite 2005 Beta"
User Instructions for ZCS Import Wizard.pdf "Zimbra Collaboration Server Import Wizard for Microsoft Outlook User Guide ZCS 8.5 August 2014"
Zimbra iCalendar Migration Guide.pdf "Zimbra iCalendar Migration Guide ZCS 8.7 April 2016"
zimbra_user_guide.pdf "Zimbra Web Client User Guide Advanced Web Client Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 December 2014"

I checked the RHEL 8.7 and 8.8 tarballs also, which contain the same files

README.txt:
Included:

Binary release:
README.txt - this file
install.sh - install script
bin/ - binaries used during install
data/ - contains installation data
packages/ - contains ZCS rpms
docs/ - more documentation

Source release:
README.txt - this file