Partial Migration from on Premise Zimbra server to Office365

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
mvk2022

Partial Migration from on Premise Zimbra server to Office365

Post by mvk2022 »

Hello Everyone,

I am using zimbra CE 8.8.12 and have a domain hosted on it. I am looking to migrate some of the accounts from this domain to office 365 and do not want to modify the MX records of this domain.

The issue I am noticing is , since the domain is partially migrated a user that is only residing on the on premise zimbra server (example: bob@example.ca) is not able to send email to a user that has had his mailbox migrated to

office365 (example:smith@example.ca).

I have been reading up on the possible ways this can be done and came across some solutions like "split domain" or using a secondary smtp per each individual inbox but I am not sure exactly how to implement and test it.

Anybody here has dealt with a similliar issue during migration that could help me out ?

For emails coming from office365 to my zimbra server I was able to resolve it via connectors and mail transport rules within office365 but need some help getting the zimbra to office365 to work as I want it to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Partial Migration from on Premise Zimbra server to Office365

Post by phoenix »

Read the wiki article on Split Domain or search the forums for the same info.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra