Any success migration Groupwise 7.0.2

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
drhughes
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by drhughes »

I'm a new NE customer trying to convert my Groupwise users over to Zimbra NE 5.0.11 with very little success. I was wonder if anybody has had any luck making this conversion? If so, can you please share how you did it?
When the migration tools runs completely the only warnings I get are about shared folders, which is OK, they don't convert. However, when I log into Zimbra, half the messages are not there, and it is hit and miss with the Calendar. Only the addressbook seems to convert 100%.
I have thought about using IMAPSync, but that doesn't help me with user's Calendars or addressbooks.
Are there any other suggestions on how I might convert 1500+ Groupwise accounts over to Zimbra?
drhughes
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by drhughes »

Anybody? I am still trying to get this process to work.
sktwolf

Post by sktwolf »

for the mails you can use imapsync, but for the contacts and calendar, you can export the calendar in ics format and re import it with a rest url in zimbra. For the contacts, you can do the same exporting your contacts in csv format and importing it in rest url
drhughes
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by drhughes »

For 2000 accounts? Need something better then exporting calendars by hand.
sktwolf

Post by sktwolf »

have you tried to export calendar users in ical format ?

I don't know if groupwize is doing it natively but someone write a script un ruby to do that.

Zdot Archive More Ruby Exporting of Groupwise to iCal
when you will have your ics for each user, it will be easy ti import it in zimbra
hanziblack

Post by hanziblack »

...hi....
my English is very bad .....
someone has the tool to zimbra migration wizard for groupwise
could give me to download, I can not find the download page...I need your help:(
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="hanziblack"]someone has the tool to zimbra migration wizard for groupwise
could give me to download, I can not find the download page...I need your help:([/QUOTE]It's on your own server, login to the Admin UI on the Downloads page.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
hanziblack

Post by hanziblack »

not on the downloads page of the administrator is only the option to download the wizard for exchange server....if someone already has it downloaded please send me...tanks :D
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Rich Graves »

The GroupWise migration tool makes use of a Novell shared library that Zimbra is unable to redistribute without additional paperwork. Contact your salesperson or support.
Two years ago, we migrated about 400 users from GroupWise 7.0.2, with considerable pain. Based on release notes, I think all the issues we had have been addressed.
gimecoffee

Post by gimecoffee »

Does anyone have success stories about migrating WITHOUT the GroupWise migration tool? I've figured out how to use imapsync for imap mail folders. Just wondering about the user's calander and personal address book.
I emailed sales (via the form and my client) re: getting the migration tool to try but all the bad press is making me think I should be looking at other options or do everyone by hand. I have less than 50 users so probably not a big deal but I'd rather not have to tell them to re-enter their calendars.
Thoughts?

Rois Cannon