Thunderbird Profile import

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
yannounette

Post by yannounette »

Hi, first i wanna say that my english is not verry well so sorry and i'll do all i can everything to you understand me
In fact I have to look after the import of Thunderbird profile in Zimbra but i didn't find any information so i asking you if you know how can i do to do that
So if you are any information i thank you
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

I don't think there are any automated TB to Zimbra migration tools, but I could be wrong.
The way I would do it is add a new account to Thunderbird - IMAP pointing to your Zimbra server. Then just drag-and-drop folders/messages from your existing TB account(s) over to the Zimbra folders.
As far as contacts/address book export from TB as a .csv file. Then look at the Zimbra wiki for information on importing into Zimbra.
Hope this helps,

John
yannounette

Post by yannounette »

OK thank's but i work in a company which ask me to do that but i understand step by step what i have to do
In fact i have to migrate mail, i can do that thanks to script that i found on the web, and for the contact i'm asking myself if zimbra understand mab file cause i do some test and i think it's good so i'll look after that
Thank you for your answer i think nobody will answer me
callisrosie

Post by callisrosie »

How to Import Thunderbird Profile into Zimbra?
Simple and short answer is Export your Thunderbird profile emails in your system local drive and use reliable and professional Thunderbird to Zimbra Conversion tool like this –

To know how to export Thunderbird emails watch this – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3XfHPE17nM
And to know the process of Thunderbird to Zimbra read this - http://www.emltozimbra.com/thunderbird-to-zimbra.html