Migration to new server on existing domain - zone files.

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
mluxton

Post by mluxton »

I am running 4.5.6 on RHEL5, but for a number of reasons want to move Zimbra to another server.

The old server will remain and host our web site, DNS and other services.

I can see how to change the internal.zone file to point mail.domain.com to a new IP address, but how do I make sure that external incoming mail gets routed to the new server?

I'm sure others have done this but I can't find the keywords to search for.

Many thanks,

ML
cmonspike

Post by cmonspike »

[quote user="mluxton"]I am running 4.5.6 on RHEL5, but for a number of reasons want to move Zimbra to another server.

The old server will remain and host our web site, DNS and other services.

I can see how to change the internal.zone file to point mail.domain.com to a new IP address, but how do I make sure that external incoming mail gets routed to the new server?

I'm sure others have done this but I can't find the keywords to search for.

Many thanks,

ML[/QUOTE]
You public DNS server should have an MX record pointing to the public IP of your new mail server. Most likely that public IP is on the firewall which port maps back to your "new" server's internal IP behind the firewall. So make sure to check the port mappings for port 25 on your firewall so that the public MX record IP maps to this new machine's internal IP.