Attachment munging when importing from exchange or pst

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

We've uploaded the latest import/migration bits to sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=153217
godzilla8nj

Post by godzilla8nj »

I installed from zcs-4.5.5_GA_838.UBUNTU6.tgz yesterday. Same import issue, I think. Squished images and unopenable docs, xls, ppts, etc. Is the fixed import a separate download?
Apologies in advance for the noob question.
godzilla8nj

Post by godzilla8nj »

FYI, the import available in my admin is ZCSImportWiz-4.5.5_GA_831.exe. I see no exe outside Zimbra Desktop at SourceForge.net: Files
Is it only in the 5.0 beta or something? If so, does anyone have just the import tool (& can it be used against the 4.5.5 GA)?
sqb
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS 8.7.11.GA.1854.UBUNTU14.64

Post by sqb »

I've been caught by this Exchange Migration Wizard bug in ZCSMigWiz-4.5.5_GA_831 of the Ubuntu 4.5.5 version. It's really serious and a disaster for the politics of my migration from exchange to be now telling users that their binary attachments are corrupt.
1. Is there a way to get hold of the ZCSMigWiz-4.5.5_GA_866 or greater fixed version of the wizard short of undertaking a complete zimbra install on a test machine just to get at this one exe? The previously posted links have not helped as others have noted.
2. Is there a tool to repair the damaged binary attachments of those already migrated?
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

Did you try the 4.5.6 one?
sqb

Post by sqb »

Yes, the 4.5.6 version of the wizard would be fine. But please answer the original question.
How do I get hold of just the new exchange migration wizard short of upgrading my whole zimbra installation? I only want the wizard exe file!
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

*usually:

support.zimbra.com

login

downloads section
*edit the connectors need to be re-added (some we're kinda in the 4.5.6 pre-release folder but that has been moved)

Check back in a couple of days and that might be updated/in a separate downloads for wizards/connectors/add-ons.
If your pressed for time, open a support ticket and they will send you the current migration wizard.
sqb

Post by sqb »

Okay, with the help of a support ticket, I have got hold of the good version for 4.5.5 It just requires some insider knowledge on navigating the Zimbra support portal ... and a ZCS: Network Edition support account.
1. Go to the Support Portal/Downloads page:

Zimbra Support Portal - Home

login with your support username and password
2. Click on the Search Repository box
3. Enter 'migration' in the search field then hit 'Go' - that will get you a list of migration wizards currently available.
4. You should find and download the Exchange Migration Wizard with a File Version of 4.5.5_GA_881
cswihart

Post by cswihart »

FYI....I'm having the same issues opening attachments imported by the PST import wizard tool. I'm running Zimbra Network Edition 4.5.6. Let me know if you need any further information.
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

What exactly do you see? In the ZWC, right click on a message and select "Show Original" and attach it to this post.