Migrating Meetings & Booking Rooms

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
juniper

Post by juniper »

We can migrate meetings in just fine. Unfortunately, our migration of resources is running in a somewhat more difficult fashion. I have finally gotten us to the point that I can migrate a meeting in to someone's calendar with a resource as one of the attendees (so the resource gets booked) but the resource doesn't see it until the owner clicks on the message and choses "save", which of course sends a message to the meeting room and books it.
This is all very well and good, but I can't go through 500 users' accounts as part of the migration and click "save" on every single meeting. Is there a command line tool that I can use for this? I'd expect it'd be something in zmmailbox, but I'm stumped as to what.
Alternately, is there a useful tool where I can import an ICS file and have it auto-propagate to two users' calendars at once? (The resource and the organizer.)
juniper

Post by juniper »

Further information - this is what we're doing to generate things, which will hopefully make it clearer what I'm after:
zimbra@mailboxd:> zmprov

prov> sm

mbox> postRestURL /Calendar /tmp/meeting.ics

## meeting.ics contains the meetings, with everybody set to need to

## RSVP

mbox> syncFolder /Calendar
## At this point, the remaining problem is having the "save button" get

## clicked in each meeting in the web interface, which sends the

## notification out to all the folks to be scheduled.

##

## How we do that without logging in to the web client, I do not know.
I'm thinking a workaround would be to perhaps have all the accounts that we're generating meetings for temporarily share their calendars with admin so we can click through the lot, doing a lot of "save" - we can do that if we *have* to, but I like to think there's better things to be doing with my weekend after the migration... :)
Suggestions?
juniper

Post by juniper »

OK, we've found something of a workaround. If we import the new meeting without a UUID and then export it again and import it into the Resource, it maintains internal consistency *and* shows up on the resource calendar.
But does anyone know the timestamp format for getRestURL?

gru --startTime 20100410T010000 --endTime 20100410T230000 /Calendar

outputs the whole calendar altogether, ignoring the timestamps.