MDaemon to Zimbra via imapsync

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

MDaemon to Zimbra via imapsync

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

I've been looking all around for updated info about this, but most of the things I read have no CLEAR answers. So here is the question.

Is there any way to migrate from "mdaemon" to zimbra using imapsync, if we don't know the passwords of the users in the "mdaemon" server. If so, how?

For what I was able to read, mdaemon should have enabled an administrative account...but then everything got too "mdaemon deep" for me. Any real experience about doing this? What surprises did you find in your way? What precautions/considerations would you tell me to take?
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: MDaemon to Zimbra via imapsync

Post by gabrieles »

Can't find any deep article on administrative login on mdaemon. Usually when you need particular syntax (like dovecot's Master User), you'll find a lot of articles about it. Or when a particular system does not support it (like Axigen).
It makes me suppose that mdaemon syntax could be quite simple (like the zimbra or exchange method):
--authuser1 [your_administrative_account@domain.tld]
--user1 [the_user_you_want_migrate@domain.tld]
--password1 [the_administrative_account_password]

Do some test and, more than there, do the same question to mdaemon community...
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: MDaemon to Zimbra via imapsync

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

Yeap, I think I will have to do some tests...pfff I guess I feel a little bit lazy about the idea of deploying a mdaemon server to do the tests.

Thanks mate!