Gmail to Zimbra

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
Peter83

Gmail to Zimbra

Post by Peter83 »

Hi all,

I have activated the function "Check email from other accounts" (on my gmail account) for my zimbra account.
Unfortunately I have set the option to delete the original mail in the importated account (Zimbra); in thi way I have now the whole mail list in gmail but not in Zimbra.
I need to restore the original copy in Zimbra.

For this I have tried to newly import a gmail archive in zimbra in this two way:

1) From Zimbra:
setting / import/export / import /upload the mail archive generated by google (.tgz)
Result:: " Import completed with a warning: An invalid request was made." - (figure 1)

2) From Zimbra:
setting / accounts / add external accounts
Result:: it's possibile to add only POP3 account; it doesn't work with pop.gmail.com (pop port 995) - (Figure 2)

:( :oops: :(

Could you please help me!!?
Thank you so much in advance!
Pet
Attachments
Figure 1.png
Figure 1.png (80.57 KiB) Viewed 6047 times
Figure 2.png
Figure 2.png (134.14 KiB) Viewed 6047 times
Lewis-H

Re: Gmail to Zimbra

Post by Lewis-H »

Open Zimbra. Under Preferences on the Menu bar, go to Import/Export option on the left side of the window. Under Import Section, click on "Browse" button to go to the location where TGZ files are stored. Once the process is complete, have access to all your Gmail emails in Zimbra for viewing and reading.