Coexisting Office 365 - Zimbra

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
tutrieu

Coexisting Office 365 - Zimbra

Post by tutrieu »

Hi all,
Im going to migrate Zimbra to Office 365. So have to configure mail flow coexisting between Office and Zimbra for user in 2 email system can send message to each other.

Both of Zimbra and Office 365 using the same smtp domain like abc@mydomain.com . And the MX record pointed to Zimbra

1/ At the Zimbra i was configure forwarding in each mailbox for forward message from Zimbra to mailbox in Office 365 -> Its Worked
2/ In the Office 365 i was created a internal relay connector to Zimbra server -> Stuck.

So the issue is when sender from Office 365 to sending a message to recipient in Zimbra. The message status was delivered but when i trace message in Office 365, but after that i receive that
" mail.mydomain.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

recipient@mydomain.com (recipient@mydomain.com)
Your message was rejected by the recipient email server. Please check the recipient's email address and try resending your message, or contact the recipient directly. For more tips to help resolve this issue, see DSN code 5.1.0 in Exchange Online - Office 365. If the problem continues, contact your email admin.

mail.mydomain.com gave this error:
<sender@mydomain.com>: Sender address rejected: mydomain.com"
So guys please help me to resolve this issue. I don't know why Zimbra is rejected the message. Should i do any action ? Thanks a lot ^^
Attachments
messagetrace.png
messagetrace.png (60.37 KiB) Viewed 17231 times
RejectedLog.png
RejectedLog.png (12.56 KiB) Viewed 17231 times
Rejected.png
Rejected.png (43.64 KiB) Viewed 17231 times
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Coexisting Office 365 - Zimbra

Post by fs.schmidt »

Hello,

I have some experience with this scenario, but with Zimbra and 365 coexisting permanently.

I see that the delivery from Zimbra to 365 is already solved with the forwarding, but it would work better with split domain: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Split_Domain

Please post here the complete log (without your private data of course) with the rejected delivery from 365 and how you created the connector in mail flow please.
Best regards.
Fabio S. Schmidt
http://www.bktech.com.br
Brasília - Brazil
tutrieu

Re: Coexisting Office 365 - Zimbra

Post by tutrieu »

fs.schmidt wrote:Hello,

I have some experience with this scenario, but with Zimbra and 365 coexisting permanently.

I see that the delivery from Zimbra to 365 is already solved with the forwarding, but it would work better with split domain: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Split_Domain

Please post here the complete log (without your private data of course) with the rejected delivery from 365 and how you created the connector in mail flow please.
Hi Schmidt, thank you for your answer so the connector from O365 to Zimbra was created and validated ok information of connector like picture.
i will brief the log and upload later :D
So i concern about configure slit domain for zimbra, it that necessary ? I've my friend who was deploy coexistence between Office - Zimbra. He said just create a internal relay connector from O365 to Zimbra, no more any action in Zimbra server :(

Thank you Smidt ^^
Attachments
accepted domain.png
accepted domain.png (13.59 KiB) Viewed 17112 times
internalConnecter.png
internalConnecter.png (18.08 KiB) Viewed 17112 times