Migration Zimbra Centos 6 to Oracle Linux 8

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
aynur.yilmaz

Migration Zimbra Centos 6 to Oracle Linux 8

Post by aynur.yilmaz »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to migrate the Zimbra 8.8.15_GA_3869 server running on CentOS 6 to Zimbra 8.8.15_GA_3953 Oracle Linux 8.
Both servers are 64 bit.

I got the following error.

Code: Select all

# su - zimbra -c '/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapadd -c /srv/zimbra-ldap/ldap-config.bak'
slapadd: could not add entry dn="cn=config" (line=1): 
_                       0.21% eta    35s elapsed            none spd  24.2 k/s  
JDunphy
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0_P39 NETWORK Edition

Re: Migration Zimbra Centos 6 to Oracle Linux 8

Post by JDunphy »

I went directly but have the network (commerical) version. I had no issues at all and used the rsysnc method.

1) install centos 8
2) convert centos 8 to oracle 8 (which I will now call RHEL 8) via the script they provide
3) install zimbra software only on RHEL 8 (install.sh -s)
4) move /opt/zimbra out of the way on RHEL 8
5) copy /opt/zimbra from centos 6 except sparse files and backups to oracle 8 /opt/zimbra
6) install software only again (install.sh -s) on RHEL 8
7) put centos 6 ldap database file in place on RHEL 8. It's a sparse file so I used tar to create/extract.
8) install.sh to complete the update and fix anything

No issues at all.

Note: make sure that you are running the RHEL 8 slapadd and not the RHEL 6 version on your new host. That is why we do the second install.sh -s in step 6.

Jim
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Migration Zimbra Centos 6 to Oracle Linux 8

Post by jholder »

Could not add configuration? that looks to me like you had a configuration problem before exported.

If you have /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config, you can copy that whole directory. It'll work on OL8