Mail filter problem GA 4.0.0

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
demanl
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by demanl »

Hi,
I'm using the GA 4.0.0 version...updated from fresh install of 3.1.4..
I did NOT have any mail filters setup under version 3.1.4....
I've now set up three filters, each one to is supposed to check the 'From' field to match an email address, and then file the email into the appropiate folder...pretty simple...each rule only having one test.
...Now...each rule is not working at all...nothing...kaput...
...Now when I go back into view each rule...I'm finding that the test is being done on the 'Header'......and NOT the 'From' field.......which I now think is my problem......:(
...Why can't I filter on the 'From' field.....????

....Why are my rules filtering on this 'Header' field instead of the 'From' field...???
And if this is a new bug...then OK...I can deal with it....because the rest of the software works fine....:)
TIA....keep up the good work Zimbra....:)
BTW....the new skins in 4.0.0 are pretty cool....:)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Well, it works for me. The From field checks an exact match on an email address and it gets tagged.
Are other filter rules working if you create some? What happens if you delete those rules and create them again?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
demanl
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by demanl »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Well, it works for me. The From field checks an exact match on an email address and it gets tagged.
Are other filter rules working if you create some? What happens if you delete those rules and create them again?[/QUOTE]
Phoenix,
I expected it to be working for someone..... :)
..and yes...I've deleted them...recreated them....the only thing that I have noticed is the 'Header' vs 'From' field being selected when I re-open the filter for inspection using the web gui....:(
Did you create your filters in 4.0.0 or in a previous release..????
pcjackson

Post by pcjackson »

I've had the same problem (and now still with 4.0). I just created a tag for my fiance, had her send me an E-mail, and ... it's not tagged. Any thoughts?
demanl
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by demanl »

[quote user="pcjackson"]I've had the same problem (and now still with 4.0). I just created a tag for my fiance, had her send me an E-mail, and ... it's not tagged. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
My thoughts...
I had originally installed version 3.1....and then upgraded to 3.1.4...and I had the filter move to folder options all working....so I'm thinking that it worked in version 3.1......and the upgrade to vers 3.1.4 did not break anything....:)
....now I then wiped my install...don't ask....and then installed a fresh clean 3.1.4 and upgraded it to vers 4.0.0......and my mail filtering does not work..
....but that a clean install of 3.1.4 does NOT install a working filter capability...:(...but I could be wrong.....:)...just my 0.02 worth....
demanl
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by demanl »

I restarted my zimbra services using "zmcontrol restart" signed on as zimbra....
....I then logged into my zimbra web gui using firefox 1.5 running on a windows xp computer....and then deleted all of my filters...I then created a test filter...and voila...it worked...
...so I've recreated all of my filters as listed above...and I will keep all posted...:)
I did create all of my filters on vers 4.0.0 initially using my apple mac os x 10.4.7 computer with firefox 1.5.6...I wonder if this is the problem..??
Stay tuned...:)
demanl
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by demanl »

My filters now seem to be working just fine....:)
Must have been something weird.......may be due to me initially creating rules on mac os x computer using firefox 1.5.0.6.....??
But happy they are currently working...:)