Lotus Notes Protocol URL problems

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
bjared
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bjared »

Zimbra is somehow mucking with the e-mails being sent from a Notes/Domino application which contains URLs like:

Notes:///06256BCF006C78E9/E685466CDB41D3B005256BB900162181/59F871C4C7518FAD852571E0004CD95E
It replaces that URL with an un-clickable:
(Document link: Customer Complaint System)
Now, I only got a copy of that Notes:/// URL (because the Lotus Notes guys went home already) by poking around in /opt/zimbra/amavisd/tmp/ where I saw an email.txt file that had an attachment from a Juno account (which has no problems showing the link).
Is amavisd doing some kind of url-translating or "fixing" ?
I was going to debug this tomorrow with the Lotus Notes guys, having them send to a sendmail server so I could see the raw e-mail message. One of the email.txt files in that /opt/zimbra/amavisd/tmp directory shows the "translated" link as well (where I copied both the desired and the results from above). This is bizarre.
--Brian
dustys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dustys »

I was wondering if a resolution was found to this issue? We are seeing this currently where Notes:// links are being replaced with "about:blank", but can be seen in the source of the message in the WebUI.
Any input would be appreciated!
Cheers,

Dusty
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Post by bdial »

it's probably the com_zimbra_url zimlet thats doing it you could try disabling that.