zmtrainsa broken after upgrade to v 4.0

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sourcehound

Postby sourcehound » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:49 pm

When training SA:
Learned from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined).

ERROR: the Bayes learn function returned an error, please re-run with -D for more information

fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 79

not flushed

reading message dean@macworkshops.com@zimbra.macworkshops.com:6 of 1221 (1486 header octets) . (957 body octets) .config: could not find site rules directory

bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format

bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format

Any pointers for fixing this issue?
Thanks in advance

jholder
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby jholder » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:47 pm

Hi source,
zmtrainsa is run via cron job "45 23 * * * /opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa --cleanup >> /opt/zimbra/log/spamtrain.log 2>&1".
To run it manually, use this syntax "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa [folder]"
Are you already running it in this manner?
sourcehound

Postby sourcehound » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:36 pm

[quote]Hi source,
zmtrainsa is run via cron job "45 23 * * * /opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa --cleanup >> /opt/zimbra/log/spamtrain.log 2>&1".
To run it manually, use this syntax "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa [folder]"
Are you already running it in this manner?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I'm running it manually and am getting the error. It started when I updated to v4.0. Everything else is just fine.
jholder
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby jholder » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:54 pm

version?

or

sourcehound

Postby sourcehound » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:52 am

[quote]version?

or

4.0.2[/QUOTE]
Perhaps upgrading to 4.0.2 would help?
jholder
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby jholder » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:31 am

[quote user="sourcehound"]Perhaps upgrading to 4.0.2 would help?[/QUOTE]

It might, but no promises.
sourcehound

Postby sourcehound » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:06 pm

[quote]It might, but no promises.[/QUOTE]
OK, I updated to 4.0.2 but the issue persisted. I did manage to fix this problem: "bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format

bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format"
By deleting the bayes_seen and bayes_toks databases. There were regenerated automatically the next time I ran zmtrainsa.
However, the .config: could not find site rules directory message persists. A little poking reveals the site rules directory lives at:
/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin
So, could someone please tell me which directory Amavisd is looking to to get the above path so I can create a link?
sourcehound

Postby sourcehound » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:45 pm

Kick, kick, kick.
I'm more than a little disappointed here that no one is even attempting to answer this....
I really need some info or a hand...
Please?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:44 am

[quote user="sourcehound"]Kick, kick, kick.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's my attitude when people post that. :mad:
[quote user="sourcehound"]I'm more than a little disappointed here that no one is even attempting to answer this....[/QUOTE]You may be disappointed but people get round to answering it when they can, this is free support for free software. Some of us have lives and jobs to tend to, don't be so impatient.
[quote user="sourcehound"]I really need some info or a hand...[/QUOTE]What have you found on google about this problem? Have you looked in the amavisd.conf.in file?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
sourcehound

Postby sourcehound » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:37 am

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Yes, that's my attitude when people post that. :mad:
You may be disappointed but people get round to answering it when they can, this is free support for free software. Some of us have lives and jobs to tend to, don't be so impatient.
What have you found on google about this problem? Have you looked in the amavisd.conf.in file?[/QUOTE]
Haven't you ever of "kicking" a dead topic on a forum so that someone will respond? I belong to many forums, and don't do it lightly. If you read my post you'll see that I have indeed done a lot of investigation of the problem and have only one small architectural question, which any Zimbra engineer or team member could answer:
OK, I updated to 4.0.2 but the issue persisted. I did manage to fix this problem: "bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format

bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format"
By deleting the bayes_seen and bayes_toks databases. There were regenerated automatically the next time I ran zmtrainsa.
However, the .config: could not find site rules directory message persists. A little poking reveals the site rules directory lives at:
/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin
So, could someone please tell me which directory Amavisd is looking to to get the above path so I can create a link?
And why would you work under he assumption that I'm using the open source edition? Maybe I'm using the network edition?

Return to “Administrators”