Auto timezone problem in calendar

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
kdunphy

Post by kdunphy »

We're experiencing a problem with the zimbra web calendar when creating new appointments.
When a new appointment is saved is jumps back one hour from the desired time, I'll drag it or change the time inside the appointment and it will jump a head one hour from the desired time. It's only after the next drag that the appointment will stay at the correct time.
I've discovered that if I select "Show timezone list in appointment view:" and use advanced options to select my time zone, not Auto Timezone the appointment will stay at the correct time and not jump around.
I'm presently at day 15 of the 60 day trial using:

Release 4.0.3_GA_406.RHEL4_20061016143637 RHEL4 NETWORK edition
This behaviour is consistent with PCs using XP, Macs, RedHat and Ubunto and using Firefox 1.5-2.0, IE6-7 or Safari.
I've spent a few hours searching for the resolution.
Suggestions?
Keith
kdunphy

Post by kdunphy »

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted my problem with the calendar and no suggestions, it seems strange that I'm the only one who has experienced this behaviour. Anyone have a suggestion for what might be causing this problem?
Cheers,
Keith
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Have you contacted zimbra support about this? Did you also search bugzilla?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
kdunphy

Post by kdunphy »

Hi Bill,
I tried a couple of potential fixes with Zimbra support, but they didn't work and one broke IE7. Nothing from bugzilla worked either. Thanks anyway.
Keith
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I believe this is fixed in the next release of Zimbra. It's only a few weeks away from release which should be between the second week of December and end of year. There is a beta of 4.5NE available as a virtual appliance that you could use to test if it's fixed.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
bjared
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bjared »

[quote user="kdunphy"]It's been a couple of weeks since I posted my problem with the calendar and no suggestions, it seems strange that I'm the only one who has experienced this behaviour. Anyone have a suggestion for what might be causing this problem?
Cheers,
Keith[/QUOTE]

Keith, I just wanted to go onto the record that you're not the only one seeing this. I was just shown this problem from an employee. I think I recall this being a problem before, in some conversation with my boss many months ago.
Anyway, this latest issue is making our upgrade to 4.5.0 pretty imminent.
--Brian
chalkboy

Post by chalkboy »

We have found that it has to do with a recent windows update that deals with timezones. To fix it we unchecked the automatically adjust for daylight savings time in the computer properties.
Doing some more testing to see if that is actually it but it did fix it on the only computer that we had that was doing it.
jampolo

Post by jampolo »

I found a solution to the 1 hour time shifting problem by changing a setting in Firefox 2.0.0.2's Javascript handling.
Go into Tools- Options- Content. Make sure Enable Java Script option is checked. Then click the Advanced button next to it and make sure the "Raise or Lower Windows" box is checked. This immediately fixed the problem and now all calendar appointments stick where they are clicked!
The time shifting problem did not seem to happen in IE.
Hope this helped. :D
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

Jampolo-

Good Job!
Care to add to the wiki? :) :)
John