Single Account Issue

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Travis Kensil

Single Account Issue

Post by Travis Kensil »

Hi all...new to Zimbra here...so far have been very impressed. I am running Ubuntu 6.10 with Zimbra 4.5.4 and have had no issues in almost a month of uptime since install. I have encountered my first issue and quite frankly its a stumper. I'll provide the most info I can to see if anyone has some thoughts...
SERVER: (2) 1.3ghz processor, 1 gig ram, RAID 5 (pretty decent machine considering I only have 16 users total)
Zimbra: zcs-4.5.4_GA_763.UBUNTU6.tgz
Setup: Most staff use Outlook setup in IMAP mode...some user web interface.
Problem: I came in to find the logger service had mysteriously stopped running...began checking log files to see if any issues. Messages for all accounts were being put into cued instead of being delivered. Started with a total server reboot...seemed to fix problem for all accounts...all accounts could send/receive mail again except one. I tried re-indexing the account...did not fix the problem. Also of interest to note is that the web interface looks "broken" when logging into this particular account. (example: All others users have the brownish bgcolor on the interface...the problem account's is white and looks broken in terms of layout). There are no messages in cue for any accounts which leads me to believe the messages are being delivered to that account's folder...but just not being sent to the client when requested. The web interface and outlook show all existing messages/calendars/contacts/etc. just no new messages. Sending emails from other local accounts to that account yields no new mail, as well as sending messages to itself. The account's status is Active in admin. Any help or suggestions anyone could provide would be helpful. I attached a copy of the zimbra.log file...I wrote in some random email stuff for privacy. Thanks again!
log.txt
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Single Account Issue

Post by 14319KevinH »

Screen shot? Try adding ?skin=sand to the URL. Maybe they picked a broken skin.
Travis Kensil

Single Account Issue

Post by Travis Kensil »

Kevin,
That trick fixed the interface looking "broken"...any thoughts on the serious issue I am having with this account? As I said...it only happens on this account. No mail goes to the cue...which leads me to believe it is being delivered. Any thoughts?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Single Account Issue

Post by 14319KevinH »

So if you send from a diff account do you see an LMTP delivery in the mailbox.log?
Travis Kensil

Single Account Issue

Post by Travis Kensil »

Kevin,
That is correct. All other accounts show proper log deliveries and the actual mail arrives on the staff's outlook inbox as it should. Only that one account is not doing that.
Travis Kensil

Single Account Issue

Post by Travis Kensil »

Kevin,
I looked at the mailbox log...I attached the result when I sent a message to the broken account. Everything seems to work fine on that end as well. I also confirmed the broken account can send message to internal and external recipients. Any thoughts?
new-log.txt
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Single Account Issue

Post by 14319KevinH »

How about mailbox.log in /opt/zimbra/logs ? That should have the zimbra log messages. This looks like the zimbra.log from /var/log which is the postfix log entries.
Travis Kensil

Single Account Issue

Post by Travis Kensil »

Kevin,
I check the mailbox log from inside the zimbra directory and found an interesting error about broken pipe relating to Java. Please see the attached log...let me know your thoughts. I really appreciate your time/effort up to this point, thanks!
mailbox.txt
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Single Account Issue

Post by 14319KevinH »

What is the user name? Is it any of those in the log? If you connect to the user's mailbox with IMAP do you see any mail?
Travis Kensil

Single Account Issue

Post by Travis Kensil »

Kevin,
Karen is the problematic username. I try it via the web interface and it shows no new mail. I connect with it via Outlook using IMAP....shows it sends/receives completely but no new messages appear. Old messages are still there...as well as all other data...just not getting new messages.