[SOLVED] Antivirus not running, sending all mail to deferred queue

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
fajarpri
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by fajarpri »

Is upgrading the only solution?

I'm running 4.5.6 and I'm not sure the upgrade process will be smooth.
SpEnTBoY
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by SpEnTBoY »

[quote user="fajarpri"]Is upgrading the only solution?

I'm running 4.5.6 and I'm not sure the upgrade process will be smooth.[/QUOTE]

Why would you think the upgrade would not be smooth? As usual make sure you have a backup, but I've not had any real issues upgrading ZCS ever ... I'd say knock on wood but they cover their bases pretty good in my experience :)
fajarpri
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by fajarpri »

Because beside zimbra, I also implement Samba PDC. And to make things worst, I setup an LDAP replication to another zimbra server acting as BDC.

I've got a feeling that upgrading will cancel my upcoming holiday :(
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

For things to do in the meantime please see: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/installati ... -file.html & http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administra ... ation.html

but you should always make a backup before updating clamav Open Source Edition Backup Procedure - Zimbra :: Wiki
SpEnTBoY
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by SpEnTBoY »

[quote user="fajarpri"]Because beside zimbra, I also implement Samba PDC. And to make things worst, I setup an LDAP replication to another zimbra server acting as BDC.

I've got a feeling that upgrading will cancel my upcoming holiday :([/QUOTE]
Ok valid concern lol .... if you have backups you should still be ok. I'm not positive on if there are any serious schema changes etc but as long as your replication isn't one to one (named ou's and domains etc) then the replication should still be ok. Another plus is that ZCS is very much self contained so even if you are running accompanying applications (like Samba etc), I dont think there's a huge risk in upgrading your actual ZCS install.
This might be a good test to verify your config that's for sure ... although it's nice in these situations to have a mirrored test environment. If you can verify both your primary and replicated LDAP stores as well as your controller config through Samba ... I would think you could walk this pretty easy (with a little down time).
Dissable users from connecting (scheduled down time), backup your Samba config and winbind if applicable, force replications of your LDAP stores, shutdown NON ZCS services on your slave and master, upgrade ZCS, bring up slave and start Samba services again.
Obviously you know your environment better than anyone here but so this is all speculation but if you have a decent backup of your existing running config you should safely be able to do the upgrade.
Blah blah blah this is my own personal opinion and it is in NO way endorsed by Zimbra or its' affiliates :D I accept no responsibility for blown up machines or hours of work needed to recover from baddness.
fajarpri
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by fajarpri »

@mmorse

I'm sorry for multiple posting.

Thanks for it. You're very kind :)
@Spentboy

Thanks for the encouragement. I will surely test it first in the testing environment.

I will inform the result later.