2nd server redirects to the master on login

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
gilran

Post by gilran »

I installed 2 zimbra servers on 2 FC5 machines.
One of them (we'll call it zimbra1) runs all of zimbra, including the ldap directory. The second one (we'll call it zimbra2runs all of zimbra, besides the ldap directory. It uses the ldap directory that runs on zimbra1.
For some reason, I am not able to login to get to the web-client on zimbra2. I get the login page, and once I login the browser is redirected to zimbra1.
I tried to configure kmail to connect to zimbra2. It failed. I got the following error:

Unable to login. Probably the password is wrong.

The server zimbra2.example.com replied:

[REFERRAK imap://user%40example.com@zimbra1.example.com/]

LOGIN failed.

Login to the administration console works just fine, on both servers.
I tried to find any configuration value that says that zimbra2 should redirect to zimbra1. The only values I found on zimbra2 that contain zimbra1 are ldap server definitions.
Why is this the second server's behavure?

How can I access the second server's MTA (zimbra2) from a client?
Thanks,

Gil Ran.
kirme3
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by kirme3 »

When you login, the web client redirects your browser to whatever mailbox server your account is on, in this case I am guessing it's the first one. That is why you get the browser redirect.
As for the kmail setup, did you set up your zimbra servers to use perdition?
14116srini

Post by 14116srini »

Hi,
We have a split domain mainly for segregating users within intranet vis-a-vis users with external domain access, as follows.
Host1: intranet.mydomain.com

-- user1 : internal@mydomain.com

-- user2: external@mydomain.com

zmprov ma external@mydomain.com zimbraMailTransport smtp:internet.mydomain.com:25
Host2: internet.mydomain.com

-- user1 : external@mydomain.com

-- user2 : internal@mydomain.com

zmprov ma internal@mydomain.com zimbraMailTransport smtp:intranet.mydomain.com:25
With this configuration, will it be possible to provide a single web access URL, mail.mydomain.com, with probably necessary redirect to the right server subsequent to successful login?
Regards

Srini
9446hazwan

Post by 9446hazwan »

Hi Srini,
I was about to implement zimbra split domain with single login page same as you mention previously, did you have idea how to do it?
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Post by bdial »

you want to use zimbra-proxy for this purpose
9446hazwan

Post by 9446hazwan »

thanks bdial,
But currently we about to implement split domain between zimbra network edition & open source. can zimbra proxy also handle this? because from what im aware zimbra proxy only point 1 single ldap while zimbra ne & os need different ldap server.
If can could you advice how to do it, thank you
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Post by bdial »

you can't use zimbra proxy for that. all the servers have to be part of the same multi-server install (all ne or all oss)