Need to know which version of Zimbra Collaboration Suite we are on

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mrKev

Post by mrKev »

Hi All,
I have a CentOS 5 Server that I am going to use as a mirror for our current Zimbra mail server. I obvisouly want the mirror to be on the same version as the production machine. I am not sure exactly what version of Zimbra Collaboration Suite our production machine is on. I went into the Admin panel and then clicked on "Software Updates" under the "Tools" section. I clicked on the "check now" button. There is a line there that says: "Software updates are available for your Zimbra server!" There is also a line that says the following: “7.2.1 critical”. I am not sure if this is saying I am on version 7.2.1 and there are critical updates for it or if it is saying that I need to update to version 7.2.1. Also, after hitting the "check now" button, I got an email that said: "The following updates were found: 1. critical. Version: 7.2.1_20120815212042_2790". Is there any way for me to tell exactly what version of Zimbra Collaboration Suite I am on? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Post by bdial »

ssh to the server, su to the zimbra user, and run 'zmcontrol -v'
mrKev

Post by mrKev »

bdial,
Thanks for your reply. I found that I am on version: Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.RHEL5_20120410001957 CentOS5 FOSS edition. One more question. It looks like I cannot get version 7.2.0 any longer. I looked at Zimbra's downloads pages and it only had versions 8.0.1 and 7.2.1 to download (Open Source Edition Downloads: Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Software by Zimbra). Do you know if they have a page with older versions still available? Thanks again for your reply.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="mrKev"]Do you know if they have a page with older versions still available?[/QUOTE]All the previous versions are available on the Downloads/Archives page.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mrKev

Post by mrKev »

Hi Phoenix,
Thanks for that info. I found the 7.2.0 version on the "Archives" page