Correct domain name and DNS Record for internal Domain

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
t.kuebler

Post by t.kuebler »

Hi,
I am trying to set up a Zimbra 8.0.1 Appliance for our new server environment.

We have 100 mail users. I tried single node and multi node installation, but it always ends up with the logger not working.

I use the OVF on our Esxi 5.1.

We have set up an internal Active Directory- domain named mydomain.local. The e-mail adresses will end with mydomain.de. Which domain name shall i use on the initial setup, .local or .de? so far i used the .de domain, but perpahs this is the reason for my problems. today I tried using the .local domain for the installation, of course i have the A records and a MX record in my internal dns server for the .local domain.

I need a hint which is the way to go?
j2b
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.6.0.GA.1153.UBUNTU12.64 U

Post by j2b »

We are using multiserver installation, and Split DNS solution with the same server hostnames, only resolving to different IPs - e.g. External DNS resolution for host.example.com is from external IPs, but internal - the same host.example.com is for internal IPs. So the users are not confused, from which part of your network, they connect to server. Obviously, hosts have 1 NIC and IP each.