Zimbra Mail Client Authentication using OpenOTP

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
supersonicrobin3000

Post by supersonicrobin3000 »

I am implementing openotp (Two-Factor Authentication - e-Identity - PKI Solutions) for the zimbra mail client user,

Openotp uses authentication based on ldap users.

These ldap users can be located in the ldap server connected to the otp server on the same physical machine or they can be located on the external ldap server.
im using zimbra 7.0.1(tried using 8.0.1 also) on SLES SP1-firewall is turned off.

Tried accessing ldap users located in the internal ldap of zimbra mail server from the ldap client present in SLES and also windows based ldap client but was not connecting(i was facing the problem with accessing ldap before also when trying to migrate the user account to the upgraded version of zimbra then i had to use cmd prompt for that)

Is it also possible to access internal Ldap of Zimbra remotely
How do i go about it??
Thanks for any help!!
richardjul

Post by richardjul »

Hello,
I see this thread is an old one but better late than never!
I'm part of the team that manages and develops stuffs for OpenOTP,

and I was wondering if you finally managed to build this plugin?
If yes, RCDevs developers could review your code and put this integration plugin in our Repository.

If no, we can help you to finalize the development and share it with the OpenSource Community.
Don't hesitate to contact me,

regards,
Julien.
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by uxbod »

+1 for this as-well though I think it may only be possible with the NE version according to https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Category:Authentication
jasonnemrow

Re: Zimbra Mail Client Authentication using OpenOTP

Post by jasonnemrow »

Did anything happen on this?