From ZCS5 to ZCS8

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sguenneur

From ZCS5 to ZCS8

Post by sguenneur »

Hi guys,
I know there are a lot of stuff to migrate ZCS to ZCS like zExtras, but mosts of them can be installed in a ZCS6.0 or higher versions.

I have a ZCS5, and recently installed the latest ZCS8.

Can you please help migrating this.

I do not have a lot of mailboxes, but they re quite big.

SO, if I have to recreate some account manually, it's possible. By the way, it's cool if I can migrate Birefcases, but if not possible, I can also go without.
Thanks a lot in advance.
oliver2uk
Advanced member
Advanced member

From ZCS5 to ZCS8

Post by oliver2uk »

Hi,
I would do it this way (done it before lots of times):
Upgrade to zimbra 6, download it from: Open Source Edition Downloads: Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Software by Zimbra
You should not lose anything :-)
Install ZeXtras, export everything.
Setup a brand new server, use 64bit op system preferably and load 8.0.2 straight away. No further config is needed except the basics.
Install ZeXtras, rsync your export to your new server and import it back!
You should have everything back. If you need more details, just let me know.
Oliver

Welcome | Mr. Mail - Professional Zimbra Cloud and Zimbra Enterprise Service ProviderMr. Mail – Professional Zimbra Cloud and Zimbra Enterprise Service Provider | MrMail is a Zimbra Cloud Service Provider for individuals, small and medium busin
Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

From ZCS5 to ZCS8

Post by Krishopper »

[quote user="sguenneur"]Hi guys,
I know there are a lot of stuff to migrate ZCS to ZCS like zExtras, but mosts of them can be installed in a ZCS6.0 or higher versions.

I have a ZCS5, and recently installed the latest ZCS8.

Can you please help migrating this.

I do not have a lot of mailboxes, but they re quite big.

SO, if I have to recreate some account manually, it's possible. By the way, it's cool if I can migrate Birefcases, but if not possible, I can also go without.
Thanks a lot in advance.[/QUOTE]
You can do a step-by-step upgrade all the way up to 8. It may take a while to get it all done, but you won't lose anything that way.
I would also recommend imapsync. This tool has been invaluable to me over the years.
There is also ZCS-to-ZCS Migrations :: Zimbra :: Blog to ensure you get everything (contacts, calendars, briefcase, etc.)