about zimbra MTA Trusted network setting

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mmm2020aaaa

Post by mmm2020aaaa »

i want to know how to setting zimbra MTA Trusted network setting, I want to let trusted network trust any network host, how to set,i setting 0.0.0.0/24 or 0/0 ,But still can't send mail
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="mmm2020aaaa"]i want to know how to setting zimbra MTA Trusted network setting, I want to let trusted network trust any network host, how to set,[/QUOTE]That is not a good idea, you'll make your sever an open relay - do not change this setting.
[quote user="mmm2020aaaa"]i setting 0.0.0.0/24 or 0/0[/QUOTE]That isn't the answer to your problem.
[quote user="mmm2020aaaa"] ,But still can't send mail[/QUOTE]You need to give an exact description of what you problem is. Give details of your ZCS version and operating system by posting the output of the following command (also update your forum profile with that information):
zmcontrol -vIf you're behind a NAT router you'll need a Split DNS, do you have one and is it configured correctly? You should also disable SElinux and the firewall on the Zimbra server, have you? You should also look in the log files for any errors and you should also do some research on the forums, this sort of problem/question has been answer many times.
BTW, I'll also move this thread to the correct forum as it's not a question about the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (which is where you posted).
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
cronos

Post by cronos »

As I have found out this evening, the MTA Trusted Network setting needs to include the IP address of the Zimbra box as well as 127.0.0.0/8 in order for the connector to work (for users to be able to relay).
This has the side effect of wrecking some antispam functionality on our server, specifically the SPF checks that SpamAssassin makes.
I've enabled our local IP in the trusted network, and manually hacked the salocal.cf (and salocal.cf.in template) to NOT include the IP so the various filters still kick in.
Add that to my very long and growing "zimbra issues/hacks/workarounds" list.