Fresh Zimbra 8 Install / Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
powrrrplay
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by powrrrplay »

Hello, I am testing this out and I have run into a file upload problem when attaching a file to an email or uploading to briefcase.
The allowed maximum file size is 10240 (kb).
Attaching or uploading a 770,000 byte PDF file works fine
Attaching or uploading a 1,700,000 byte PDF file will not complete.
Bug?
powrrrplay
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by powrrrplay »

Bump
Hey, the default settings in zimbra 8.0.2 is to allow uploading of files with a size up to 10MB for email attachments and briefcase.
But actually try it and it is busted. Nothing over 1MB is allowed.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="powrrrplay"]Bump
Hey, the default settings in zimbra 8.0.2 is to allow uploading of files with a size up to 10MB for email attachments and briefcase.
But actually try it and it is busted. Nothing over 1MB is allowed.[/QUOTE]It works fine for me. You're going to have to dump the account (and server) details via zmprov to show the settings for your allowed attachment sizes.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
powrrrplay
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by powrrrplay »

My zimbra servers sit on a private lan w/ 192.168.x.x ip.
I was using an apache2.2 reverse proxy to access the IP directly from within the lan and from the internet - NAT/port forward 80 to the apache2.2 reverse proxy.
I recently changed the reverse proxy server from apache2.2 to nginx 1.1.9.
I can recreate the problem only using nginx 1.1.9. Remote internet users must access the zimbra through the nginx reverse proxy and get this trouble.
From within the LAN I directly logged into the zimber zerver via http://192.168.x.x/ , did a file upload of 4MB to briefcase and same file to email attach. It worked fine.
Somehow a remote internet web client going through our nginx proxy, uploading a file larger than 1MB to zimbra 8.0.2 is breaking. It seems like this is an nginx handshake problem with zimbra 8.0.2
Fun times.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="powrrrplay"]I recently changed the reverse proxy server from apache2.2 to nginx 1.1.9.[/QUOTE]You omitted a mention of that in your earlier posts.
[quote user="powrrrplay"]Somehow a remote internet web client going through our nginx proxy, uploading a file larger than 1MB to zimbra 8.0.2 is breaking. It seems like this is an nginx handshake problem with zimbra 8.0.2[/QUOTE]Then I guess you're going to havt to provide some logging information from nginx & ZCS to confirm the problem.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
powrrrplay
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by powrrrplay »

Sorry for being so lame - the extra set of eyes for confirmation gave me the push I needed, thanks Bill.
nginx log - "client intended to send too large body: 2166804 bytes"
google the message + nginx and you will get hits ... refer to the ones w/ "client_max_body_size"
I changed my nginx conf client_max_body_size 20M; and briefcase uploads are working as designed. Same with email file attachments for files larger than 1MB.