Zimbra 8 - Signature Images by link

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
10424bofh
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 10424bofh »

Hello everyone,
Finalyl ive some time to test Zimbra 8 (and finally it let me upgrade from 7.2 wihtout killing ldap:))
So its on my test machine and i have to say WTF

Anyone figured out how users can add images by URL into their signature?

Embedding the Signature by Briefcase/Upload has many disadvantages so finally most of our users use it by link - and now - no longer this option ?
Any triock? something ife overlooked? (possible cause my eyes took a lot of damage by the new design)
apatosaur.9

Post by apatosaur.9 »

[quote user="10424bofh"]

Anyone figured out how users can add images by URL into their signature?

[/QUOTE]
We also used this tons. Marketing department would change the image so that the signatures would be "updated"
apatosaur.9

Post by apatosaur.9 »

I">https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=82217
I created this bug because the functionality was there previously (it is documented at Mail signatures with images - Zimbra :: Wiki ). In ZCS8 access to it is gone.
10424bofh
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 10424bofh »

for me the situation is even worse.

if tons of different domains on the server with of course different user
so now because the embedded image was sometimes a bit of a problem btw theres another bug with it in zimbra 7

i convinced all suers to use urls
which is better for several reasons, the mailclient may cry asking for click in the button "show images" but

the befenfit is

- no mail client shows it as attachment (some does sometimes even outlook which is anoying enough)

- better chance for getting trough spamfilter (embedded images actually increase chance in a lot of scanners)

- easier to switch for all users (as you said bevore)
well now i have to explain them why they have to redo their signatures and why its now better to send them inline LOL
no really this is one of the reasons NOT to switch to zimbra 8, that and the very bad new designs - really are their designers drunk?

its looks like office 2013 on steroids - the grey was way better - looked more serisous - more business this looks like gmail with more buttons
and the server interface - sorry but whoever the drugaddict is designed the gui - man get another job

he didnt ever worked with that thing ever, he never actually worked with an admin console - period.

now we have less windows we can open concurrent

and the menue isnt even conherent - means sometimes an option is on the left sometimes its on a different place (even its the same "kind" of option in a different category)

if all that stuff goes on like this i stay on 7 forver and if iam thechnically foirced to upgrade i unload 5 mags of my 45acp into the serverroom and go home and send out an massadvertising for googleapps
offerlam22

Post by offerlam22 »

I still have this issue.. any solution?
rdschool

Post by rdschool »

[quote user="offerlam22"]I still have this issue.. any solution?[/QUOTE]
I worked around by putting the image on a webpage, then copying and pasting the image from the browser into the signature filed. When I copied from another application, it automatically stuck the image in a briefcase.

When I copied an image from the webpage, it pasted the image in as an inline URL reference.