Attempting to Add 2 mailboxes on one Zimbra Web Client

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mrKev

Post by mrKev »

Hi All,
I seem to have mostly resolved this issue. I was able to add the new account by clicking on "Change IMAP Port" and putting in the value 993 since we are using an encrypted SSL connection. Thanks everyone for getting me looking in the right direction. I tried this out on my acouunt. Whenever I send emails now, I have a pull-down menu to choose who it is coming from. If I choose my primary account the receiver will just see that it came from Account A. If I choose my secondary account, the receiever will see the following in the "From" field: From Account A on behalf of Account B.
Is there anyway to get rid of the the From field to just say "From Account B" instead of "From Account A on behalf of Account B".
Thanks again for all the help.
MohamedSafeek.mks

Post by MohamedSafeek.mks »

Hi mrKev,
I am not sure about enabling IMAP for individual user in zimbra. But i can suggest a workaround.
You can create a New COS and enable IMAP and POP in Feature
and Add user to this COS before migrating. Once migration is done you can return them to default COS (This can be done thru batch file)
zmprov setAccountCos account@domain.tld cosname
[quote user="mrKev"]Hi MohamedSafeek.mks,
Thanks for your reply.
1)

I checked Zimbra Admin Console---> Global Setting -- IMPA/POP Setting

and the following boxes were checked:

"Enable IMAP service"

"Enable SSL for IMAP service"

"Enable POP3 service"

"Enable SSL for POP3 service"
I was got the following response when I did telnet from my machine to the mail-server machine:

telnet 100.100.100.100 443

Trying 100.100.100.100...

Connected to 100.100.100.100.

Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
NOTE 1: I am first trying to get a second account setup on my Zimbra Web Client before I work on this from my user's Zimbra Web Client on his machine.

2) In Zimbra Admin Console COS--> Feature Check shows

"IMAP access"

"POP3 access"
NOTE: You said "In Zimbra Admin Console COS--> Feature Check User IMAP is enabled" but it does not look like you can see the feature check for just one "user". It is for everyone.[/QUOTE]