Import Contacts - Default View - Zimbra 8.0.3

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
powrrrplay
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by powrrrplay »

Hello, I need to import approximately 10,000 contacts from a csv file.
This is a conversion, so a brand new zimbra account is setup.
The problem is that the default zimbra view for address book contacts is "last name, first" and I can not find where I can change this default view.
The client wants "Company, last name, first" as the default view.
Remember, this is more than 10,000 address book contacts, so manually re-saving every contact is not acceptable.
How can I change the address book default view to "Company, last name, first" before I import the 10,000 contact csv file?
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P12

Post by ccelis5215 »

[quote user="powrrrplay"]Hello, I need to import approximately 10,000 contacts from a csv file.
This is a conversion, so a brand new zimbra account is setup.
The problem is that the default zimbra view for address book contacts is "last name, first" and I can not find where I can change this default view.
The client wants "Company, last name, first" as the default view.
Remember, this is more than 10,000 address book contacts, so manually re-saving every contact is not acceptable.
How can I change the address book default view to "Company, last name, first" before I import the 10,000 contact csv file?[/QUOTE]

Hello powrrrplay, you can modify the attribute fileAs.
zmmailbox -z -m account@domain.com mcta Idcontact fileAs 6
Of course, you have to loop across every account and every contact to find Idcontact.
ccelis
Edit: As you are importing from a CSV file, you can set fileAs attribute in this file and set 6 to each contact.!