Explanation of total mailbox size vs size of /opt/zimbra/store

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
rfic

Post by rfic »

Hi
Using `zmprov gqu `, and totaling up the byte total of all mailboxes,I see a total of around ~350GB
However, /opt/zimbra/store is around 220Gb.
The large difference would be the "compression threshold" value that is compressing all mail above a certain size - correct?
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Post by bdial »

could be the 'store once' thing zimbra does too. if a mail is sent to many of your users at once, it's stored only once and hardlinked for the other accounts. So it may be counted in the quota usage for multiple accounts but only be stored once
rfic

Post by rfic »

[quote user="bdial"]could be the 'store once' thing zimbra does too. if a mail is sent to many of your users at once, it's stored only once and hardlinked for the other accounts. So it may be counted in the quota usage for multiple accounts but only be stored once[/QUOTE]
ah yes of course, hard links. thanks.
I ask because my /opt/zimbra/redolog/archive is a lot bigger (330gb), so I was confused as to thinking some of the inbox data was in there, but after some reading I believe this directory to be so big because I had the "redolog rollover delete" set to FALSE ( i think since we tried the NE product and downgraded again, there's a few threads/bugzilla entries about that).