Zimbra is not forwarding email

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Paladinemishakal

Postby Paladinemishakal » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi All,
I have several domains which is serviced by Zimbra. My colleague have informed me that email forwarding is not working and I have checked and found the following:

1. User A can send email to User B and vice versa.

2. User A configured his zimbra account to forward a copy of the email to User B who are from different domains.

3. Using an external email account (eg. gmail), email sent to User A are received but User B did not received any forwarded email from User A.

4. Reverse the above and the same things happens.

5. Now User A configured his zimbra account to forward a copy of the email to his external email account (eg. gmail).

6. User A sent an email from his Yahoo account to his office account, same thing, the email get received in User A's office account but a copy was not forwarded to his gmail account.
I have tried checking the zimbra logs and cannot seem to find where the problem lies. Could any of you tell me where to look to isolate the issue?
Thanks & Regards.

Paladinemishakal

Postby Paladinemishakal » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:36 am

Further checking on the Zimbra servers, I have found the following:

1. I have 2 mail proxy - mail01 and mail02, and 3 mailstore - mail05,mail06,mail07

2. Checking on the account (echong@abc.com which is created on Mail07), I notice the zimbraAccountStatus is not sync:

zimbra@mail01:~$ zmprov -l ga echong@abc.com | grep "zimbraAccount"

zimbraAccountStatus: locked
zimbra@mail02:~/log$ zmprov -l ga echong@abc.com | grep "zimbraAccount"

zimbraAccountStatus: active
zimbra@mail05:~/log$ zmprov -l ga echong@abc.com | grep "zimbraAccount"

zimbra@mail06:~/zmstat$ zmprov -l ga echong@abc.com | grep "zimbraAccount"

zimbra@mail07:~/log$ zmprov -l ga echong@abc.com | grep "zimbraAccount"

zimbraAccountStatus: locked
How I do force a sync of the LDAP database assuming Mail01 is the master? I am running Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition.
Regards.
Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby Krishopper » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:24 am

There was some-what recently a thread about this where TLS was the issue: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrators/52907-ldap-replica-not-working-out-sync.html

Return to “Administrators”