Zimbra 8 Public folders and per user flags

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
duonut

Postby duonut » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:08 am

Hi
Currently I am using cyrus for our mail needs and the most important feature is the use of public (shared) folders where each user retains their own flags. When assessing Zimbra 7 a year ago it did not support per user flags on shared folders. With Zimbra 8 is this now possible? I cant see any mention on this in the release notes. If not is there any solution to make this possible?

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:22 am

[quote user="duonut"]Currently I am using cyrus for our mail needs and the most important feature is the use of public (shared) folders where each user retains their own flags. When assessing Zimbra 7 a year ago it did not support per user flags on shared folders. With Zimbra 8 is this now possible? I cant see any mention on this in the release notes. [/QUOTE]The release notes don't contain the details of every bug fix or feature enhancement, they would be in the Product Portal for any specific release.

[quote user="duonut"]If not is there any solution to make this possible?[/QUOTE]I'm not really sure from your description what you are expecting to happen but if by "flags" you mean tags then I'd suggest you search bugzilla (make sure you also search the resolved/closed/verified bugs) to see if anything there resembles a solution to your requirements.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
duonut

Postby duonut » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:17 pm

thanks
What i mean by flags is read flags, so if user 1 views a message in a shared folder it marks it as viewed for them, but when user 2 looks at the same message it is still marked as unread.
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Postby bdial » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:24 pm

doesn't look like it's been implimented yet,
Bug 24567 – Support per-user read/unread status for shared mail folders

Return to “Administrators”