Journaling mailbox sync

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
blason
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Journaling mailbox sync

Post by blason »

Hey Fellas,
I am running ZCS 8.0.4 on CentOS, well I enabled sender_bcc and recipient_bcc maps. Mails are though getting accumulated in an specified account however the one issue I noticed is even mails sent by users might go in Inbox for that particular user. Can we have some kind of command or script by which I can segregate those mail so that sent mails will be saved in sent Items folder of that user and Inbox will be stored in Inbox?
8134Himanshu
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Journaling mailbox sync

Post by 8134Himanshu »

[quote user="blason"]Hey Fellas,
I am running ZCS 8.0.4 on CentOS, well I enabled sender_bcc and recipient_bcc maps. Mails are though getting accumulated in an specified account however the one issue I noticed is even mails sent by users might go in Inbox for that particular user. Can we have some kind of command or script by which I can segregate those mail so that sent mails will be saved in sent Items folder of that user and Inbox will be stored in Inbox?[/QUOTE]
You can Write a In and Out Filter Rule in That particular account and Move to folder as is needed.This should service the Purpose.You would need to

maintain such rules in ongoing basis as users leave and joint organization.
blason
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Journaling mailbox sync

Post by blason »

[quote user="8134Himanshu"]You can Write a In and Out Filter Rule in That particular account and Move to folder as is needed.This should service the Purpose.You would need to

maintain such rules in ongoing basis as users leave and joint organization.[/QUOTE]
Nah..seems you got me wrong. say I have userA and UserB whose mails are getting forwarded to userjournal through bcc_maps, in that case mails which are sent by usera to userb will be copied to userjournal but userjournal will always see this as a Incoming mail not the mail sent by usera appear in userjournal sent box. so I need that kindaa mechanism where mails are sent by users will appear in userjournal sent mail box.