Zimbra 8 Upload high

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mgentil

Zimbra 8 Upload high

Post by mgentil »

Good night. I have installed Zimbra 8.0.5 on CentOS 6.2 64-bit. I have reviewed that upload traffic is always high (+ -3.5 Mbps), even the server does not receive or send messages. When I stop the zimbra (zmcontrol stop) upload traffic falls too. To test, I did the following: the firewall blocked all ports that use: 25, 110, 995, 143, 443. Ie, blocked all traffic to the server, and even then, it continues with uploading high. Could anyone help me? Thank you. Mgentil
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra 8 Upload high

Post by pup_seba »

Did you try using tcpdump/wireshark to try to see what traffic is that? I would start with that as im not aware of that conduct un zimbra servers by default.
Regards,

Sebas
Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk
mgentil

Zimbra 8 Upload high

Post by mgentil »

Sebas,

Thanks for the reply. I'll run tcpdump and post the result.
mgentil

Zimbra 8 Upload high

Post by mgentil »

Sebas,
In business, I have about 30 accounts with Zimbra Desktop, where it uses port 443. I ran the command tcpdump-ni eth0 dst port 443 and appear multiple connections at the same time coming from the IP of my client. There are several connections on port 443 while coming from the same IP. Tomorrow, we will remove the Zimbra Desktop machines and staff use webmail. I will do this to make sure even the Zimbra Desktop is the cause of this problem. Thanks, Mgentil
mgentil

Zimbra 8 Upload high

Post by mgentil »

Sebas,
* Through tcpdump, we found a high traffic on port 443 and decided to remove the Zimbra desktop. When we did this, the bandwidth consumption fell sharply. Now users are using the webmail and are happy. Why does the Zimbra desktop consumes much bandwidth? Even with high traffic, the Zimbra server was consuming 7% of its resources. Thanks, Mgentil
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra 8 Upload high

Post by pup_seba »

Hi! I'm really glad you found the solution! Thank you very much for sharing! Sadly I have little experience w/zimbra desktop. Only reason I could think of is some sort of scanning/indexing...or a simple bug.
Best regards,

Sebas
Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk