Godaddy Certificate installation 2014

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mtanzer

Post by mtanzer »

Installing a Godaddy Certificate on Zimbra 8 was a pain - the documented methods I used untill 12/2013 did not work. So here you are:
You need to download gdroot-g2.crt from here. gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt ist delivered with your Godaddy cert, or download it from the same location. All other things are pretty the same as documented in the Wiki:

cat gdroot-g2.crt gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt > commercial_ca.crt

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr verifycrt comm your_server.key your_server.crt commercial_ca.crt
Because of a bug I created the CSR manually, I had to move the server.key to /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key. After doing that, I was able to deploy the Certificate:
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr deploycrt comm your_server.crt commercial_ca.crt
krabina
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0

Post by krabina »

czguy
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by czguy »

Do you know if there are any problems with Thawte, Geotrust, RapidSSL or any other providers or does this seem to be only related to Godaddy? Thanks for the helpful steps!
mtanzer

Post by mtanzer »

[quote user="czguy"]Do you know if there are any problems with Thawte, Geotrust, RapidSSL or any other providers or does this seem to be only related to Godaddy? Thanks for the helpful steps![/QUOTE] I dont think so, Godaddy changed the root and chain certs, so it was a pain to find this out and find the right certs.
czguy
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by czguy »

[quote user="mtanzer"]I dont think so, Godaddy changed the root and chain certs, so it was a pain to find this out and find the right certs.[/QUOTE]
Good to know. I think I'll avoid the hassle and stick with RapidSSL, Geotrust, or Thawte.
Thanks again!