zimbra backup

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sandy89

zimbra backup

Post by sandy89 »

hello everyone ...
i am new here ...i want to do my zimbra 7.0.0 backup to zimbra 7.2.7 could it possible please help me i Google and found its not possible
so i am posting here to get confirm ...

also tell me how i can take backup of my mail server .....

please help me
15337Raunaq
Advanced member
Advanced member

zimbra backup

Post by 15337Raunaq »

Hello sandy89,
I think by backup in the first sentence you mean upgrade.You can very easily upgrade to ZCS 7.2.7.Just run the 7.2.7 installer on your existing server.Do read the release notes though.For backup in your third sentence, if you are on Open Source then there is no direct way to do it but a lot of community members have written scripts to achieve this.Just search wiki.zimbra.com and this forum and you will easily find the solution.If you are a network edition customer, do read the backup section in the Admin guide which is available on zimbra.com/support
jorgedelacruz.es
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Zimbra Collaboration 8.7

zimbra backup

Post by jorgedelacruz.es »

Hi sandy89,

I tried a lot of scripts of community, but this one works very well. The only thing is that I never tried in version 7, only in 8.0.X and also in thee new one 8.5.0

https://github.com/davromaniak/zimbashckup
The Zimbra version 7 are in End-of-Life, it will not be more updates or new versions.
Best regards