PST Importer imports folder structure but nothing else

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
itmltd

Post by itmltd »

Hello,
I installed Zimbra 6.06 32 bit on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS with plenty of resources. I have 2 problems.
First one is PST importer. It only imports folder structure but nothing else, no mails, contacts or appointments. The log file does not show any error. xxxxxxxxxx_backup.status file is empty. I attached the logfile. The system is Win 7 Ultimate + Outlook 2007 installed.
I also tried to setup external mail account in a user console. It give an error saying that the account will be marked as inaccesible when I test it. The same error message is displayed for POP and IMAP sttings. Error message is something like: d2:CN15:mail.itm.com.tr1:O0:2:OU0:6:accept4:true5:alias32:mail.itm.com.tr:D721AE9FD0ED53F94:fromi1232482225000e4:host15:mail.itm.com.tr3:icn15:mail.itm.com.tr2:io...................
Any help will be appreciated.
itmltd
PstImportWiz_backup_05022010_011120.log
itmltd

Post by itmltd »

I guess I figured out the problem.
In all the OS's I have set the locale to Turkish. This time I set everything to English and it works.
In windows 7, I found out that in Region and Language Settings, only Format must be in English. All other settings (Location, Keyboard, Language and System Locale) can be set to Tukish.
Using Format settings created problems in date, currency but at least PST Importer works as expected.
This solves Zimbra Desktop Startup bug as well.
Filing a bug report.
itmltd.