Using a separate MySQL server?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

mr.Trash wrote:I was hoping to find a solution to this problem!

Nothing special in mySQL server from this blackbox, but some time need use DBMS from one place. :mad:

Very need to move the server in another location, but impossible. I so disappointment...
I don't really understand what you've posted, do you actually have a question or a problem?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
RoyK

Post by RoyK »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]I don't really understand what you've posted, do you actually have a question or a problem?[/QUOTE]
I think what he means is that he really can't see any difference between the stock MySQL server and the one in Zimbra, and wonders how to use a separate MySQL server.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

RoyK wrote:I think what he means is that he really can't see any difference between the stock MySQL server and the one in Zimbra, and wonders how to use a separate MySQL server.
Well if the question is about using an already installed MySQl (for Zimbra use) instead of the Zimbra instance then the answer is it can't be done as stated many times in the forums.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mr.Trash

Post by mr.Trash »

I hope to change location of mysql demon... use mysql from other server in lan. I was looking settings or options in sources of zimbra for change connection options, but read this forum... received an unpleasant surprise.
davestahr
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15_GA_3869.RHEL6_64_20190917004

Post by davestahr »

I came here also to ask this exact question. I'm happy to see that it's a clean cut answer. Not the answer I was hoping to see, but, nonetheless, thanks for making it clear.