Autocomplete broken 6.0.7

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by soxfan »

[QUOTE]from zimbra support:

"I'm inclined to believe that the fix for the bug didn't make it in the patch."[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I guess it's possible, but that seems a bit unlikely to me. ZCS 6.0.7 has been out for a little while now. I would think others would have already noticed the problem if it was back to the 6.0.6 behavior. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth but user "chauvetp", who previously commented in this thread, was one of the people that had major issues with 6.0.6 and auto-complete. (I know because I was having the same issues, and commenting in a lot of the same threads.). From his previous post is seems like he has upgraded to 6.0.7 and is not seeing the 6.0.6 problems. Anyway, bug 45886 is the one to refer to for the 6.0.6 problems. Maybe you can look over the bug and see you are experiencing the same problems or if it is something new.
Looks like I'll be sticking with 6.0.6.1 unless/until this gets straightened out. Don't want to relive the auto-complete nightmares we had with 6.0.6.
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

No worries about putting words in my mouth - you have it right from our situation. There were defintely a lot of problems with auto-complete for us in after upgrading from 5.0.21 to 6.0.6. Those problems were, for us at least, fixed with 6.0.6.1 and have not returned with 6.0.7 (or its patch).
parixit
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by parixit »

Our autocomplete is broken. It works for some users and other users it does not. Zimbra support had me compare COS settings but nothing came up. I also had users who after the upgrade had email addresses missing from their contacts. 6.0.7 is BUGGY for us. I don't get it.
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Post by bdial »

i thought wehn this happened in 6.0.6, someone came up with a work around. i don't remember if it involved exporting a user's contacts, clearing their contacts, then re-importing them. did you find the thread about this? If not i'll try to dig it up for you.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

Before an export/import might try a:

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmsoap -z -m user@domain.com RankingActionRequest/action @op=reset
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Rich Graves »

I have a couple users with similar complaints of local addressbook autocomplete failure post-6.0.7.1p1.
Correct zmsoad syntax? I tried several variations.
ERROR: service.UNKNOWN_DOCUMENT (unknown document: RankingActionRequest)

com.zimbra.common.soap.Element$ContainerException: blank/missing XML attribute name

ERROR: service.UNKNOWN_DOCUMENT (unknown document: RankingActionRequestAction)

ERROR: service.UNKNOWN_DOCUMENT (unknown document: RankingActionRequest)
feiticeir0
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by feiticeir0 »

HI all !
I'm also experiencing autocomplete bug with my users (for now, at least one).
I've upgraded from 5.0.8 to 6.0.7.

No other user as reported the same issue, but the upgrade was done last Saturday, so, i guess is still kind of early for other users to report the same bug.

Cheers,
Bruno Santos
1739miguel
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 1739miguel »

Hello,
I notice this problem also in one server. It happens to me when typing a combination of letters (if I type 3 letters contacts don't appear. typing 2 letters makes contacts matching appear), but I couldn't reproduce the same issue on another server (typing the same combination to reach the same contact)..
gimecoffee

Post by gimecoffee »

[quote user="1739miguel"]Hello,
I notice this problem also in one server. It happens to me when typing a combination of letters (if I type 3 letters contacts don't appear. typing 2 letters makes contacts matching appear), but I couldn't reproduce the same issue on another server (typing the same combination to reach the same contact)..[/QUOTE]
I'm having this exact issue with auto-complete.

Release 6.0.7_GA_2473.F11_64_20100616200802 F11_64 FOSS edition
Rois Cannon