13000 emails and rising. from one source!

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bbarrons »

I need to figure out how to cleanup a mailbox. one of the people keeps getting the same email over and over. In the last hour they have gotten it over 13,000 times. I rebooted the server thinking it might be an issue on our end. We tried to contact the sender to see if tey are having any issues but no luck there. How can I quickly delete all of these emails as well as stop this before it shuts down my server.....

thanks

Bill B
Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Krishopper »

You can log into the webmail interface for the user, do a search to match the message they are continuously receiving, select all (shift-click the checkbox in the header row of the inbox), and then delete.
You can also set up filters to match the email so future ones get discarded.
bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bbarrons »

shift click checkbox in header or control click or lat click doesnt seem to select anymore than the 100 I have showing. did I miss something?

I also went ahead and put the email on a blacklist and it has since stopped coming in but if I do 100 at a time it will take forever to delete.

Bill
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Post by bdial »

create a filter for that sender + subject and make the action discard, then run the filter onthe user's inbox
bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bbarrons »

so simple. thank you.

I used zmprov and increased the page to 500 and deleted a page at a time. I like your idea better.

thank you
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="bbarrons"]so simple. thank you.

I used zmprov and increased the page to 500 and deleted a page at a time. I like your idea better.

thank you[/QUOTE]I'd suggest you test the filter before actually deleting email, perhaps 'tag' it first and if that appears OK then delete it. The delete function in a filter will actually remove email so if you've made an error and it deletes valid email they will be gone - just an idea. :)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra