How to export all configuration?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
strafford
Advanced member
Advanced member

How to export all configuration?

Post by strafford »

I am trying to determine how to export the entire configuration (setup, domain, users, preferences, etc.). I have found (after quite a bit of searching) some nice and simple backup options, but not sure how to export/backup just the configuration. I have looked at quite a few migration articles but they are for the entire zimbra install.
In this articles it states:
WARNING: DO NOT perform this on a production system. This procedure will wipe all usernames and passwords!
Does that mean that they are not contained in the export/backup of the ldap data?

Also, are they any other settings elsewhere that should be exported?
I would like to be able to export all my configuration, so that I could in theory setup another server (in the event of a total failure lets say) with all the same users, passwords, settings, etc. but no email. I can then quickly get things back up, and use imapsync to start bringing back the email. In this article they backup/restore the following directories, but those also contain the mail itself:
conf data db index logger postfix-*/conf redolog store
raed

Re: How to export all configuration?

Post by raed »

imanudin11
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.8.15.GA.3829.UBUNTU16.64

Re: How to export all configuration?

Post by imanudin11 »

strafford wrote:I am trying to determine how to export the entire configuration (setup, domain, users, preferences, etc.). I have found (after quite a bit of searching) some nice and simple backup options, but not sure how to export/backup just the configuration. I have looked at quite a few migration articles but they are for the entire zimbra install.
In this articles it states:
WARNING: DO NOT perform this on a production system. This procedure will wipe all usernames and passwords!
Does that mean that they are not contained in the export/backup of the ldap data?

Also, are they any other settings elsewhere that should be exported?
I would like to be able to export all my configuration, so that I could in theory setup another server (in the event of a total failure lets say) with all the same users, passwords, settings, etc. but no email. I can then quickly get things back up, and use imapsync to start bringing back the email. In this article they backup/restore the following directories, but those also contain the mail itself:
conf data db index logger postfix-*/conf redolog store
Hi,

Maybe you can try to consider active-passive (replication) servers. All what you configure on Zimbra, all will be replicated into passive server. The sample guidance can be found here : https://imanudin.net/2015/03/24/how-to- ... bility-ha/